Business Finance Analyst
Requisition ID # 135940
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location: San Francisco
PG&E's Business Finance team provides critical financial support to its operational Business Partners within the company. This support includes financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting, monitoring, controlling and accounting; operational performance reporting and analysis; and strategic planning and analysis. These services are critical to achieving the company's strategic, operational and financial objectives.
The Business Finance department provides a unique environment for energized and talented finance professionals to engage in the business as valued functional advisors, make meaningful contributions to the direction of a dynamic business, and be actively developed and recognized.
The analyst will support Customer Care business directors and managers and will work closely with the Business Finance Extended Leadership team to define and achieve the team's strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills, a background in finance or accounting, poise in working with many levels of staff, strong organizational and planning skills, initiative and enthusiasm, and strong interpersonal skills.
The candidate will be responsible for working with various directors and managers within Customer Care on a business decision support basis, to assist them with their budget, planning and other finance and accounting needs. A successful candidate will integrate with the business organization that he/she supports to influence and drive cross team collaboration.
*Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience or training
*Job-related experience, 1yrs
*Strong technical background and skills
*Experience with budgeting processes
*Successful interactions at various organizational levels (from line employees to managers to directors to officers)
*Strong oral and written communication skills
*Strong teamwork skills
*Strong project management skills
*Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and self-directed initiatives
*Strong experience using Microsoft office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Edge
*Auditing, Lean Six Sigma, CPA or MBA
- Reporting & Analytics: Provide timely and accurate monthly financial visibility that objectively assesses performance, integrates operational performance and proactive financial analytics that identify opportunities, risks, and associated resolution recommendations.
- Prepare monthly financial reports with analyses of key drivers causing significant variances.
- Prepare monthly financials and general variance explanations; determine root causes of significant variances and identify appropriate corrective actions.
- Meet with partners (directors and managers) to review costs, discuss variances, confirm external charges to partner Orders or Provider Cost Centers, and review significant standard cost variances.
- Lead and facilitate budget discussions that drive efficiencies and clarity around variances and the end of year forecast.
- Forecasting (Short Term): Provide timely, balanced financial forecasts that capture current performance and enable nimble, value optimized operational and financial decisions.
- Planning (Long Term): Advise and integrate the business unit financial plans and performance baselines to meet the Company's long term operational and financial objectives.
- Process Optimization: Identify, and evaluate key processes for opportunities in effectiveness, control, and efficiency, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Tools: Provide active engagement on the evaluation, design, and use of our critical functional toolset.
- Monitoring, Controlling, and Accounting:Proactively monitor costs and coordinate the corrections of cost accounting errors. Manage Orders and corporate hierarchy logic for partners to ensure reporting is systematically supported. Provide any ad-hoc SAP assistance to partners. Review partner cost monitoring systems to ensure that adequate controls are in place to timely uncover and correct erroneous charges.
- Support Key Business Issues:Actively participate in special initiatives related to Business Finance or business partner organizations and complete assigned tasks related to the initiatives