Customer Care Information Systems Analyst - Bay Area
Requisition ID # 94581
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Demand Response (DR) department is a key element of PG&E’s Customer Energy Solutions (CES) organization. The DR department is responsible for the management of PG&E’s retail and wholesale DR programs, integration of DR resources with wholesale markets and grid operations, and supporting the development of regulatory policies related to DR. The department’s current strategic priorities include optimizing the customer experience associated with its DR programs, as well as the development of DR resources that support the reliable, cost-effective operation of the electric grid. The Demand Response Operations team is responsible for the end to end support of Demand Response Programs, curtailment, event notifications, in addition to the day-to-day operations and maintenance of systems, energy management, managing our retail and wholesale programs, and curtailment applications.
The Information Systems Analyst, Career is responsible for the core end to end business operations in within Demand Response Operations, which include: data extraction and analysis, supporting internal and external data requests, managing and triggering Demand Response programs, administration and maintenance of systems and applications, help desk support, forecasting and reporting, decision making, project and relationship management.
Note that during the annual Demand Response season (May through October) this position may have an alternative work schedule of 8am-5pm on Wednesdays through Sundays.
- Determine data needs, collect data, select from different analytical techniques to achieve desired data outcomes
- Automate manually-driven reporting processes by leveraging available ETL and Data Visualization tools
- Reconcile data discrepancies between different systems using a variety of tools (SQL queries, Excel Functions, etc.)
- Be able to clearly and concisely convey issue findings to the appropriate personnel (both technical and non-technical).
- Understand business needs and develop ad-hoc reports as necessary, working independently
- Perform research internally and externally as required to solve business-related issues
- Communicate with peers inside and outside of the department exchanging ideas or gathering information
- Participate on project teams
- Demonstrate system knowledge while troubleshooting system issues
- 3 years of related experience or related work experience in an analyst related role
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, economics, mathematics or related work experience
- Ability to manipulate data within databases as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to file, store, retrieve and maintain data stored on computers and databases as needed to perform at the job level
- Demonstrated experience leveraging programming languages and tools - for example, SQL, Python, R, JAVA, C, Tableau, SAS, STATA, Teradata – as needed to perform at the job level
- Advanced level of experience utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in leading teams and/or projects across partner organization
- Customer-centric focus
- Project management experience and/or process improvement experience
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Desire to quickly learn and contribute to team efforts
- Knowledge of utility industry
- Knowledge of the California Independent System Operator (CAISO)’s market participant portal and applications
- Collaborative nature, ability and willingness to become an integral part of the team and the cyclical Emergency On-Call rotation
- Successful candidates will possess a customer-centric focus with a can-do attitude