Customer Data Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 112364
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
The Customer Experience & Insights (CXI) organization leverages qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate the effectiveness of customers’ touchpoints with PG&E. We do this through data analytics, journey mapping, qualitative and quantitative research, process improvement, and project management. We build empathy and advocate on behalf of customers and develop actionable insights to influence strategy and improve customer experience.
The CXI team is looking for a driven, curious, quantitative analyst who thrives working cross-functionally and is looking for an opportunity to expand their skills. The individual in this role should be capable of being both in the weeds and able to think strategically and communicate to leadership across the organization.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting partners throughout Customer Care with data requests and analytics projects. You will be instrumental in maintaining data tables and extracting key information and insights to influence programs and decision making. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and talented team of data analysts and scientists to enhance your understanding of the customer datasets, processes, and tools.
- Manage complex data analysis projects with limited supervision.
- Design data analysis to achieve business objectives, process data, analyze data, write clear and concise data findings and tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Manage complex data extracts and list pulls ensuring data accuracy. Transfer data to partners and ensuring the security of sensitive customer data (PII).
- Provide recommendations to enhance customer database with new data sources and improved data processes; work with team and partners throughout Customer Care to share best practices and make strategic recommendations for improvement.
- Create automated data routines and processes for reporting and data delivery ensuring accurate data manipulation and data cleansing.
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Data or Computer Science, Marketing, Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years job-related work experience
- Proficient skill in writing SQL queries
- Advanced skill in writing SQL queries using Oracle or Business Objects
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel (complex formulas, graphing, VBA)
- Knowledge of programming languages & tools such as Python, R, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAS
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks independently
- Able to present findings and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Ability to lead data projects
- Familiarity with utilities, energy efficiency and demand side management concepts and programs