Requisition ID # 99480
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Designs, develops, modifies, configures, debugs and evaluates jobs for extracting data from various sources, implements transformation logic, and stores data in various formats fit for use by stakeholders. Collects metadata about jobs including data lineage and transformation logic. Works with teams, clients, data owners, and leadership throughout the development cycle practicing continuous improvement and support.
- Build high-performance data pipelines and prototypes that enable business use of the data.
- Understands business requirements and applies them to complex software engineering and analysis.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations with peers both inside and outside of the department.
- Partners with team members to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
- Identifies, analyzes and provides feedback to departmental standards, norms, and new goals/objectives.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs with an operational mindset.
- Works on complex data & analytics-centric problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines. May seek assistance from the supervisor or more skilled programmers/analysts on various problems that cross multiple functional/technology areas.
- Delivers best-in-class software as part of a software delivery team.
- Understands the infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed.
- Utilizes department standard issue tracking, source control, and documentation tools
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study
- Experience in data engineering, 2 years
- Experience with at least one data engineering/ETL ecosystem such as Palantir Foundry, Spark, Informatica, SAP BODS, OBIEE
- Proven knowledge of software engineering principals such as unit testing, CI/CD, source control