Director, Asset Planning - Flexible LocationI'm Interested Date posted 10/10/2020
Requisition ID # 68080
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Francisco
This organization aligns overall asset strategies between Transmission and Distribution Operations. This centralized, risk-informed approach better allows us to manage assets, system health, performance, and prioritization. This organization leverages lessons learned with the wildfire inspections and uses them to inform critical asset management decisions
Oversees the electric transmission and distribution short- and long-term capacity planning, asset strategy, reliability trend analysis, asset project development, and implementation. Directs management team that determines the maintenance and construction requirements of the system to ensure public and employee safety and enhance reliability. Ensures that project analysis and planning takes place, utilizing comprehensive data to make informed asset planning and reliability recommendations and that necessary replacement/upgrade work on the electric grid occurs in the desired timeframe.
This position reports to the VP, Asset, Risk Mgmt & Comm Wildfire Safe.
- Enables and supports the development of the Asset Strategy and Asset Planning process.
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to officers and high-level leaders.
- Develops department long-term direction, operating plans, budgets, and performance metrics
- Represents the company and acts as a chair/spokesperson with other utilities, various industry boards, committees, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, and other private organizations.
- Develops and implements the Five Year Capacity Plan.
- Oversees the processes associated with developing load forecasts, assessing new customer connection requests, assuring adequate distribution, developing capacity projects, and developing reliability projects.
- Ensures strategic plans are in place to accomplish ongoing performance improvement of system reliability, outage duration, frequency, overall electric system, public, and employee safety.
- Leads the development and deployment of long term asset strategy and reliability programs, including review and approval of distribution system reliability capital projects
- Reviews and approves new ideas and technologies to advance the effectiveness and efficiency of the joint pole program & processes.
- Manages staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management and coaching, and rewards and recognition.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 10 years
- Experience in asset strategy and development
- Experience in distribution reliability
- LSS-Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Experience in engineering, electrical
- Utility industry experience, job-related
- PE-Professional Engineer license