Director, Data Management & AnalyticsI'm Interested Date posted 12/01/2020
Requisition ID # 66443
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Francisco
The Electric Asset Knowledge Management department is responsible for managing and improving Electric Operations’ asset information, driving emerging technology innovation, and deploying analytical and operational technologies. Data Management & Analytics department is responsible for advancing Electric Operations’ foundational capabilities and improving specific asset information and associated processes so that the business can make data-driven decisions. The department works with Asset Family Owners (AFOs) to support and drive the utilization of asset information to inform critical asset management decisions, including mitigating wildfire risk. This is done through asset data quality improvement projects, systematic access to advanced tools and asset data, and the development of strategic, large-scale products that solve complex business challenges.
Oversee Electric Operations’ (EO) data management & analytics program, and lead and aggressively advance Electric Operations’ ability to make data-driven decisions, by improving the accessibility, quality, and use of information, mature analytical capabilities, and deploy analytical products. Drive Electric Operations’ PAS 55/ISO 55001 Information Management/Asset Information program and partner with asset family owners, business program leaders, and IT to identify and drive strategic approaches to solve business data and analytical challenges. Improve high-value data and associated processes. Develop innovative strategies, quantify business value, evaluate change impact, and drive overall program objectives. Manages through expertise and utility industry knowledge, process and data management leadership, and technology development of large data sets from multiple systems.
Reporting to the Director, Electric Asset Knowledge Management
- Leads, develops strategy for, and improves EO’s ability to make data-driven decisions Leads the overall strategy and improvement of the EO PAS 55/ISO 55001 Information Management/ Asset Information Asset Management Plan
- Understands and improves EO- and Asset Family Owner (AFO)-utilized data and systems catalog
- Improve accessibility and integration of various asset information for analytics purposes
- Integrates Enterprise Data Management Program capabilities into information management strategy
- Improves data quality in support of business needs
- Systematically investigate, correct, and improve high-value and AFO-centric data quality issues
- Improve high-value, data-generating business processes
- Drive consistent and automated measurement and monitoring of data quality
- Creates trusted data sources & deploys advanced data products
- Lead strategy, roadmap and governance for EO use of Data Management Platform
- Deploy large-scale and medium sized analytical products; enable self-service for smaller-scale products
- Develop data standards and products to facilitate effective external data sharing (e.g., Customer Parcel Maps, external data sharing)
- Enables access to EO data & advances analytical models
- Develops advanced data products and tools
- Develops and maintains data management “ontology” and metadata to enable EO user self-service
- Enhances quality of LIDAR/remote sensing and expand internal access to this data through centralization
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to officers and cross-functional management.
- Identifies and implements process improvements at the department level. Conducts gap/needs assessments, capacity analysis, and various other metrics to identify potential opportunities.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with asset family owners, business units and external agencies.
- Manages department budget.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 10 years
- Leadership experience, job-related, 5 years OR Master’s Degree
- Job-related experience, 10 yearsand job-related experience, 8 years, ORDoctorate Degree and job-related experience, 5 years
- Master’s Degree in Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Sciences, Statistics or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
Hiring Leader Name: Jadwindar Singh
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status,medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.