Director, Market & Transaction RiskI'm Interested Date posted 10/14/2020
Requisition ID # 68308
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location : San Francisco
The Market and Transaction Risk department consists of Credit and Emerging Risk, Governance, Analysis and Modeling, and Infrastructure and Controls functions. PG&E engages in various standard and nonstandard natural gas and electric procurement activities, and it is the responsibility of the MTR department to assist front office with transaction execution and mitigation of market, credit and liquidity risks associated with contractual obligations and associated potential liquidity requirements.
The Market and Transaction Risk Leadership group provides management guidance and oversight to employees who are responsible for performing transactions analyses, to include the quantitative assessment of a transaction relative to market costs and risk adjusted valuation. The group performs the analysis of risk distribution of transaction values, assesses the impact on the portfolio and relative to other pending transactions and coordinates with other groups within MTR to develop valuation methodologies for nonstandard contract elements. The group is also responsible for implementing and using quantitative models for forecasting, assessing and comparing forecasted positions and costs, assure data quality of inputs and model performance and reasonableness of outputs. The team develops and implements the official forward curves for the company. The team performs stress and scenario analyses to determine the sensitivity of input changes and methodology adjustments. Lastly, the group is responsible for reporting market risk to senior management, reviewing and analyzing risk metrics, assessing risks in the portfolio and monitoring markets to assess the impact of changing markets and regulations on portfolio.
- Direct holistic multi-year strategy for market risk metrics, portfolio diagnostics and transaction evaluation framework
- Direct development of market risk policies and standards and market risk controls.
- Liaise with Energy Procurement to ensure operating and service levels meet expectations.
- Develop framework to evaluate transactions consistently using production grade models and vetted methodologies.
- Direct evaluation of emerging risks and enhancements of related systems and reporting tools.
- Direct development of framework to assure new legislation or regulations are appropriately addressed in risk controls, data governance, and reporting.
- Serve as a professional witness in regulatory proceedings.
- Lead development and implementation of forward curves in production grade models
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of ten years in market risk management and transaction evaluation
- Masters or PHD in Information Systems, Business, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Prefer 12 or more years of relevant experience in market risk management and transaction evaluation
- Prior managerial experience
- Proven Excel expertise
- Proven market risk and transaction evaluation skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proven managerial skills
- Utility or energy industry experience
- Proven communication skills, to include interaction with senior management
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.