DRU Business Analyst, CareerI'm Interested Date posted 10/16/2020
Requisition ID # 68967
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Francisco
The Data Response Unit (DRU) team is a strategic and forward-looking team that delivers quality data responses related to wildfires and CPUC reportable events. Through our involvement compiling critical business information, we provide insights that enable the business to grow and improve. The DRU ensures internal and external requests are managed and delivered with appropriate, accurate, consistent, and timely information.
DRU Business Analysts are the first and last touch for the data response process. As a result, they are oriented to both internal and external customers, assigning requests to DRU team members and producing the final responses. They are responsible for data base management, data analysis, and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. They may also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of integrity, strong attention to detail and customer focus. The DRU is looking for someone who may have a regulatory background, is able to prioritize competing priorities, has excellent oral and written communication skills, can consistently follow and advocate for the DRU data request process, and is able to excel in rapidly changing environment.
- Works as part of a team or under limited supervision to ensure Electric Operations data requests are logged, produced and preserved accurately and consistently in accordance with the DRU process.
- Performs data request intake and assignment.
- Maintains database quality, tracks due dates and status.
- Prepares and produces data request responses to internal and external parties following applicable confidentiality and formatting protocols.
- Identifies process gaps or data quality issues and recommends solutions.
- Understands business needs, develops new reports and performs custom/ad-hoc reporting working independently. Presents findings to various audiences.
- Facilitates meetings, convening team members on a regular basis to discuss work progress and process improvement.
- Communicates with peers inside and outside the department exchanging ideas or gathering information.
- May be involved in the development of employee training.
- May participate in quality assurance and business process improvement activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years of related work experience
- High level of integrity
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking
- Bias to action
- Excels in rapidly changing, high-energy work environment
- Cool under pressure and able to balance competing priorities
- Regulatory knowledge or experience with CPUC, FERC, NERC requirements
- Some knowledge and understanding of Electric Operations’ processes and practices
- Proficient computer skills (ie. Microsoft Office Applications)
- Auditing or quality management experience, including quality assurance or quality control
- Advocacy, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Comfortable with speaking up and communicating data quality issues or process gaps to stakeholders
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate (oral and written) with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and implement solutions
- Ability to consistently follow processes and make process improvements
- Enjoys working in a close-knit, team environment