EGI Interconnection Manager (ESC) - San Francisco
Requisition ID # 76961
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
This is a career or journey Interconnection Manager position that requires mastery of the Associate level Interconnection Manager skills and duties and is responsible for managing the interconnection process for generation interconnections. This position serves as a single point of contact for those interconnection requests. Use independent judgment in managing the interconnection process while working with minimal supervision as well as interacting with senior internal and external contacts. Communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, customers and business partners by sharing and seeking information and ideas.
- Manages customer relationships and leverages partner relationships, developing, negotiating, coordinating and tendering agreements
- Expertise in tariffs and policies and influencing appropriate stakeholders.
- Manages special policy issues/assignments as directed by Supervisor.
- Performs risk assessments to identify and prioritize operational, regulatory, financial, technology, reputation, and other business risks.
- Under limited supervision, assesses the level at which controls are operating.
- Helps establish and manage corrective action program.
- Provides support to maintain repository of compliance requirements and controls.
- Assists with development of standards, procedures, and training materials that support compliance and controls awareness.
- May provide guidance on how tariffs apply in different circumstances.
- As requested, may serve as Subject Matter Expert for EGI on IT initiatives and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience.
- 3 years of experience in PG&E transmission, distribution, business planning, service planning, engineering, construction/project management, accounting, auditing, and/or finance; 4 years if external
- Knowledge and experience with both distribution and transmission voltage interconnection projects
- Knowledge of business risk assessment methodologies
- Strong understanding of FERC and CPUC regulatory requirements
- Business computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Suite, ENOS, CC&B, ABS, SAP, DART, ECTS, GIS and Visio.