Expert Business Operations Specialist, Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 95740
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Office of President & Corporate CEO
Job Location : San Francisco
Customer and Communications is devoted to serving PG&E’s mission of delivering safe, reliable, and affordable customer-focused electric and gas service. As PG&E’s customer-facing organization, we support Electric Operations, Gas Operations, and Energy Supply. We aim to define and drive the enterprise-wide customer strategy while encouraging a culture of safety, affordability, and employee engagement. In addition to Customer Care, this department includes corporate communications and marketing as well as encompassing the leadership of the 5 regions of the PG&E service area.
This position will report to and assist the Director, Project Management Office in department-wide project management and business operations. This position will support the department business system needs, as well as identify and implement process and system improvement, manage communications, coordinate and deliver trainings for essential busines procedures/processes, and drive development of new resources and tools.
Work location will be determined by hiring leader and successful candidate.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex issues
- Review and provide feedback on project deliverables for team members serving as a point of quality control
- Work with and leverage relationships with directors and managers across functions to implement organization wide initiatives.
- May be responsible for managing budget expenditures
- Manage department communications
- Develop internal work procedures and initiate process improvements
- Assist department Management with the leadership of key initiatives such as system development, training and focused campaigns/initiatives
- Influence decisions, providing recommendations for change that will lead to the success of company goals and cost effectiveness
- Research and data analysis; compile and prepare reports for upper management
- Utilize system and personnel resources to successfully address inquiries from internal business partners
- Support organization as a subject matter expert by providing information and direction to resources through various delivery channels
- Develop and manage trainings to enhance knowledge and job skills
- Participate on cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years of related experience in project management/program management (or supporting roles), data analytics, or communications
- Ability to lead teams
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations at the manager level
- Advanced understanding of MS Office
- Political and organizational savvy
- Able to present research findings and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Communications across functions; ability to provide input and direction to team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects with demanding time constraints
- Strong written communication skills