Expert Business System Specialist (Flexible Location)
Requisition ID # 96836
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Wildfire Risk
The Wildfire Safety Operations (WSO) organization includes a centralized 24/7 operations center located in San Ramon and approximately 40 Safety and Infrastructure Protection Team (SIPT) crews working throughout the PG&E service territory.
PG&E established a Wildfire Safety Operations Center (WSOC) to monitor wildfire risks and coordinate prevention and response efforts across Northern and Central California. The WSOC serves as a “hub” from which to monitor fire threats across PG&E’s service area and coordinate with first responders and public safety officials to respond to any emerging threats to communities. Beginning in 2021, the WSOC will be expanding the monitoring and notification efforts to include additional threats and risks to communicate situational awareness as a “Hazards Awareness & Warning Center”.
WSOC currently has a one Principal Product Manager who works closely with the WSOC and SIPT crews to actively identify and drive technology enhancements to reduce wildfire risks by improving situational awareness, enhancing communications (e. g., alerts, incident reports), optimizing SIPT schedules and assignments, and incorporating real time modeling and risk analysis into the Wildfire Safety Operations Center (WSOC) tool set. The Business Systems Specialist will take direction from the Principal Product Manager and work closely with the organization’s employees to meet the current and future technological enabling needs for the WSOC and SIPT groups.
Office-based field employees in WSO are working remotely until July 2021 when the remote posture will be evaluated.
This position will represent the WSOC and SIPT end users and business process owners by developing business system requirements, supporting implementation and functioning as a liaison to IT from the line of business. The position defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and gathers user feedback. In addition, the employee may perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization.
This position may be required to work nights and/or weekends during PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events
Position Location Flexible within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Research and create point-of-view for external and internal data sources to add to desktop GIS toolset
- Document business requirements for technology enhancements and emerging new tools which may require facilitating business process discussions.
- Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and coordinate with IT to develop and implement solutions to business needs.
- Act as a key contributor to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business solution.
- Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results.
- Create End-user training materials
- Support field users with technology questions (production support)
- Lead virtual training sessions for WSOC analysts training and SIPT crews
- Document and test GIS enhancements
- Develop ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Dashboards
- Develop reports using PowerBI
- Ability to create Excel Pivot tables and V-lookup for data analysis
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields
- Participation in projects of high complexity at an expert level or in a leadership role
- Continuous education in IT and business specific areas
- Experience as a product manager or project manager
- Work Experience in business analysis, 5 years
- Work experience with ArcGIS technology
- Familiarity with the Palantir/Foundry platform
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels
- Ability to convey technical concepts in a clear, understandable way with individual professionals and Executives
- Excellent diplomatic and consensus building skills
- Experience in architecting new solutions and/or process re-engineering for improvements
- Foster relationships with key users to validate product enhancements