Expert Full Stack Developer
Requisition ID # 118301
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Digital Engineering and Work Management team is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile and web solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile and web solutions
- Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes through application of user-centric design thinking principles
- Rapid delivery of mobile and web applications
The Digital Engineering and Work Management team is comprised of highly skilled professionals working together following agile methodology and design thinking. We are a “start-up” department within IT. We take the time to understand our partners’ needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve safety, productivity, and overall well-being.
We are seeking an Expert Full Stack Engineer on the Engineering and Work Management Team. The successful candidate will be a member of a product team, following best-practice Agile and DevOps techniques to deliver impactful data products for internal PG&E partners. You will participate in design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support. Additionally, you will provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions. You will actively participate and practice in an open, highly collaborative Agile environment.
- Partners with the business to develop requirements and applies them to complex software engineering and analysis.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and mentors/provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Work with Multiple teams and coordinate tasks.
- Partners with various departments to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
- Collaborates with peers to develop departmental standards, norms, and new goals/objectives.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs with an operational mindset.
- Leads a team on complex data & analytics-centric problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines.
- Provides assistance to other programmers/analysts on unusual or especially complex problems that cross multiple functional/technology areas.
- Delivers best-in-class software as part of a software delivery team.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed with verified data quality and metadata appropriately captured and catalogued.
- Plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.
- Assesses end-to-end application performance and suggests/implements changes as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related work experience
- Experience integrating Restful services (APIs)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and test-driven deployment
- Experience with bug tracking and source control
- Experience in a mentorship role within a dynamic team and coordinate with multiple teams
- Experience in designing application components and present to Teams
- Experience in Node.js, Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and GraphQL
- Experience managing application data models and automating changes to the data model
- Experience in application, systems security, and production support
- Familiar with AWS technologies like S3, RDS
- Experience with large data sets to address business issues
- Experience with modern software delivery practices, including source control, testing, continuous delivery
- Experience with Jenkins, CI/CD, unit testing
- Experience delivering product with Agile methodologies
- Humble – is open to being coached, has high EQ and is self-aware
- Hungry – desires to get things done while honoring people, and seeks better ways to do the job
- Collaborative – has strong interpersonal skills; cares about and works well with teammates
- Willingness to impact beyond defined role
- Experience with data & analytics product development
- Proven knowledge of software engineering principals such as unit testing, CI/CD, source control
What you will get
- The opportunity to be part of the organization that is driving the digital transformation at PG&E
- Autonomy to lead a dynamic, growing team
- Extreme leadership support for your development and your day-to-day success
- Best in class perks and benefits