Expert IT Planning Analyst
Requisition ID # 115602
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
The Office of the CIO (OCIO) represents the cross-functional IT Management capabilities that enable running the business of IT. The OCIO focuses on supporting IT's operation model by ensuring a consistent, transparent and efficient approach to the way the IT organization delivers value to its partners.
The Telecom Expense Analyst primarily supports the Network Services procurement operations team. However, the position will work closely with Accounts Payable, Network Sourcing, Infrastructure Operations Finance, Accounting and Technical Program Management to achieve all cost goals for services provided by Client’s Telecommunications Networking vendors. They will own and manage invoice accuracy (including disputes and resolution), SLA credits and internal reporting. They must be an efficient self-starter with an ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Candidate should possess in-depth knowledge of telecom billing and Telecom Expense Management (TEM), including invoice audit and optimization, and hands-on experience with a hosted TEM application.
- Process Invoices
- Validate invoices received against invoices expected (missing)
- Process invoices according to schedule to prevent late payment fees
- Invoice exceptions are identified, investigated, and resolved prior to releasing payment approval.
- Initiate Dispute Management
- Dispute invalid line item transactions (including high bill, significant variance, third party billings, and current charges on disconnected services) at the time the invoice is processed
- Weekly, follow-up with vendor to close disputes
- Ensure disputes or reordered in our centralized exception log sheet
- Perform Invoice Auditing
- Reconcile invoices against contract rates, tariffs, and price plans, and customer service records.
- Review assigned accounts for rate plan optimization opportunities
- Manage Accounts
- Review and modify account setup to properly associate service type to the correct product type, general ledger account, and line item transaction grouping.
- Manage remit to address changes
- Read invoice account notes to stay abreast of upcoming account management changes
- Implement B2B services as technology becomes available to reduce invoice processing life cycle.
- Migrate Accounts to New Application
- Provide required services to migrate assigned vendor accounts onto new application
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6 years general business work experience
- 5+ years of Telecom Expense Management (TEM) experience.
- Experience with Dark Fiber plus related O&M and associated billing is preferred
- Understanding of Telecom Expense Management System integration to a P2P system such as Oracle
- 7 years experience in finance
- Experience in developing budgets
- Experience in business process
- CBAP-Certified Business Analysis Professional certification
Personal Attributes Sought
- Accountable and safety conscience
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ergonomically savvy
- Comfortable accessing multiple data sources for information
- Professional & courteous phone mannerisms
- Telecommunications knowledge a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced use of financial systems and reporting tools (i.e., SAP Business Warehouse, Business Objects, Access)
- Expert knowledge of business and financial planning, professional concepts as they apply to the IT organization
- Expert business analysis research and problem solving skills.
- Independently leverage broader business understanding to perform critical work and be responsible for complex projects performed within a broader technical and business context.
- Expert level Microsoft Suite knowledge in Excel, Project, Access Word (Access and/or Excel,
- Able to build macro’s, pivot tables and other advanced queries, etc.)
- Ensures approvals in accordance with Delegation of Authority, process and tools (i.e., SRM, EDRS, Project Portfolio Management; manages compliance, has right to comply challenges
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Capital Accounting Instructions and how to apply and validate project conformance.
- In depth business understanding of the IT organization
- Works independently on medium to large projects as a project team member or as a project leader
- Demonstrate advanced organizational business understanding
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and complexity
- Perform assigned tasks of high complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Work independently on multiple projects as a project team member or project leader
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and recommend new processes and changes to gain organizational support