Expert Product Owner
Requisition ID # 109140
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Technology is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate in order to effectively deliver high quality technology solutions. IT functions are to design, develop, operate and maintain the information and telecommunications systems that enable the Company to meet its commitment to customers: Keeping the Lights on and the Gas Flowing, Delivering at a Reasonable Price, and Providing Simple and Convenient Options.
The Wildfire IT Team is responsible for working collaboratively across the organization (e.g., Electric Operations, Customer Care, etc.) to implement solutions that make our communities, customers and employees safer.
The Wildfire IT Team consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce geospatial, mobile, data, sensing, and web solutions that are internally and externally facing. We do this using agile methods and placing our users and their needs at the center of our focus. Our goal is to deliver products that will save property and life.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager on the Wildfire IT Team that will provide a clear vision for our Hazard Awareness and Warning Center (HAWC) technology products. The Product Manager will be responsible for building and maintain a strong relationship with business and IT stakeholders at multiple levels that results in a roadmap of features and projects to be delivered by product teams. This role will have accountability for overall delivery and operations success, with a focus on delivering value incrementally, technical quality and delighting users.
- Develops new complex products that support the Hazard Awareness and Warning Center (HAWC) and Emergency Preparedness & Response (EP&R)
- Recognizes and prioritizes the most important work for the portfolio by seeking to understand customer needs, receiving product feedback and keeping an eye on technical and organizational strategy
- Develops a roadmap and features, while acting as a gatekeeper for new functionality
- Develops implementation plans, metrics and establishes operations functions to introduce new technology
- Provides leadership to product teams to improve execution and team dynamics in working to provide value
- Defining team skill makeup and forming product team
- Partners with other products organizations to deliver feedback on existing products and introduce potential products for future programs
- Identifies the appropriate customer audience, their preferred communication channels, and potential customer response benchmarks
- Acts as the primary liaison for the HAWC to IT for technology needs
- Acts as primary liaison between various departments, Stakeholders, business community, and lines of businesses
- Evaluates new products and technology available in the market and their application to support business partners
- Member of emergency response team with one on-call shift per month during fire season
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 5 years of IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of working in Agile environment, preferably as Technical Lead, Product Owner or Product Manager of an agile development team
- Humble – takes feedback well and shows resilience
- Hungry – desires to get things done, is execution oriented, and seeks better ways to do the job
- Collaborative – has strong interpersonal skills; cares about and works well with teammates
- Resilience and rapid iteration – exhibits a “fail fast” mentality, and bounces back from setbacks
- Continuous Learning – seeks to learn continuously, in small and large chunks, independently and with the team
- Experience working in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Experience in the following technology domains: geospatial information systems (GIS), ArcGIS Online (AGOL), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Palantir Foundry, Microsoft Power BI, data analysis with Microsoft Excel, electric outage or distribution management systems, mobile dispatch solutions, Jenkins, GitHub, continuous integration/continuous deployment toolchain
- Experience in the following functional areas: wildland fire response, Incident Command System (ICS), electric control center operations, Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS)