Field Metering, Supervisor (San Francisco)
Requisition ID # 142780
Job Category: Customer Support / Operations
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: San Francisco
The team of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Leads, directs and manages multiple field-based functions including Crew Leads, EMTs, MMPs, and RMPs to ensure the safe and efficient execution of all customer, maintenance and compliance work related to electric meter and gas modules across a large geographic service area. Maintains the electric end point infrastructure through end point installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, removal, remediation, field testing, and inspection/investigation. Builds customer trust and knowledge by meeting customer commitments and providing knowledgeable, courteous and complete service on every job.
- Communications & Teamwork: Manage employee and other stakeholder's expectations through active communications and teamwork. Engage employees for a complete understanding of the issues impacting the business, and take appropriate action to adjust, refine or support as required. Know, support and communicate PG&E’s Vision and Values. Be a change agent and lead team to meet organizational objectives. Foster and enhance open, productive working relationships with employees, peers, other departments and the IBEW.
- Manage and Improve Field Metering Service: Manage customer relations and business changes to provide our customers safe, reliable and excellent service. Ensure completion of all assignments in a timely manner and provide feedback to ensure targets are met. Communicate results to all stakeholders on a regular basis. Share, communicate and implement process improvements. Effectively manage customer satisfaction and ensure internal clients requirements are met on time. Proactively maintain the Daily Work Plans (DWP), monitor QAS performance and all related performance goal expectations.
- Manage Cost and Compliance: Successfully complete work in accordance with strategic direction as appropriate. Ensure that resources are provided to work group and field work is completed as assigned. Manage resources and monitor/manage costs to meet budget targets. Ensure areas of compliance and mandated work are monitored and overall goals are met (e.g. Interval Maintenance, R-Tests, NCTMs, and CT Maintenance Program). Ensure all employees know, understand and meet established work productivity goals, recognize or coach employees based on their performance.
- Manage Safety Performance: Create an active and participative safety program to achieve organizational goals. Integrate safety focus into all aspects of work performance and promote safety through personal behaviors and communication. Thoroughly investigate safety incidents using the root cause analysis process and share results in a timely manner. Recognize outstanding safety performance consistent with established programs. Participate as needed on safety teams and provide appropriate assistance. Know and ensure compliance with all established safety requirements and procedures.
- Provide Overall Leadership: Demonstrate the leadership skills necessary to achieve business results. Provide leadership, coaching, and technical support to Field Metering employees. Communicate clear roles, responsibilities, and expectations for all employees; and hold them accountable for performance. Actively coach, develop, and recognize employees’ skills and abilities to meet/exceed overall goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong leadership skills by actively participating in all aspects of the business. Advocate, support, communicate and model PG&E’s Vision and Values and business philosophy including Character, Commitment and Capability
- Recruit/select, communicate expectations, foster employee engagement, coach, develop, mentor, recognize and reward employees in order to drive performance and results. Manages support and Union-represented employees.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Five (5) years of job-related experience
- Bachelors Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience