Financial Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 135405
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location: San Francisco
The mission of the Company Financial Planning & Analysis team (CFP&A team) is to deliver enterprise-level forecasting and analysis that provides business insight, drives informed decision making, and establishes clear expectations for near and long-term financial performance. Primary responsibilities of the department include developing the annual earnings forecast; recommending external guidance ranges for equity, core EPS, non-core items; comparing actual results against plan; developing the multi-year financial outlook to establish and articulate long-term financial objectives; and projecting cash flows and future liquidity needs.
The Forecasting and Modeling (FAM) group within CFP&A provides near-term analysis and decision support to the CFO, Controller, and Treasurer regarding PG&E’s overall financing needs, including equity, debt, and monitoring the company’s regulated capital structure. The FAM also leads the company’s long-term financial forecast process via the multi-year Board Outlook.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $88,000
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and based on business needs.
- Draws on broad business, regulatory, and financial experience to provide insights when analyzing financial results.
- Interaction with senior finance leadership (including the CFO, the Controller, and the senior director of Investor Relations) to communicate PG&E’s financing plan.
- Advise on the content of financial information provided to the Board and external stakeholders.
- Lead the financial component of the monthly cash forecast process and the multi-year Board Outlook process
- Translates changes in the financial plan into impacts on the company’s earnings
- Drive continuous improvement in financial reports and forecasting models and tools. Assure the logic, assumptions, and calculations in the models are updated and capable of supporting the budget and forecast analysis.
- Conduct financial analysis on an ad hoc basis. Provide decision support to senior management in preparing financial forecasts, analysis of specific investment proposals, or regulatory support.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with peers and business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Requires a minimum of four years of accounting, financial, or business related experience
- 6 years of relevant experience