HR InvestigatorI'm Interested Date posted 12/19/2020
Requisition ID # 75690
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
Job Location : San Francisco
The Human Resources (HR) department is committed to providing PG&E employees with the tools, information and services to help deliver safe and reliable gas and electric service to our customers. Within HR, the Employee Investigations team leads the company’s internal evaluation of reported violations of the Code of Conduct, policies, standards and/or procedures that impact our people in the workplace.
The HR Employee Investigations team is responsible for conducting investigations into allegations of misconduct as defined by the Company’s Code of Conduct, and may include allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other violations. The department ensures that an objective review is taken of allegations. Investigators take pride in ensuring employees who raise concerns feel their concerns were treated seriously, looked into objectively and concluded fairly.
The entry-level Investigator will work collaboratively with the HR Investigations team and partner with senior investigators to support the various aspects of investigations work, including but not limited to conducting intake and/or witness interviews, calendaring, reviewing complaints, maintaining communications with parties to an investigation, updating case files, and drafting investigation related documents and materials. In this role, the Investigator will learn the foundation of how to be a neutral fact finder, how to listen for understanding, and how to conduct investigations in a thorough and objective manner.
The position is expected to work from your home office at least through March 31, 2021. If/once a responsible return is identified, this role would work from SFGO and eventually Oakland.
- Initiate and conduct in-take interviews for new complaints and follow up with relevant parties to an investigation
- Analyze and review complaints along with other materials to identify and address areas of potential misconduct
- Develop and implement investigation plans
- Conduct and support the conduct of investigations, including, for example, conducting and calendaring witness interviews, and collecting and reviewing evidence
- Create and maintain intake and investigation notes, files and records in electronic case management system
- Draft and support the drafting of investigation reports
- Communicate and correspond with parties to the investigation and other Company stakeholders about the concern(s) raised and the investigation outcome, as appropriate.
- Manage priorities on team calendar
- Research and apply local, state and federal equal opportunity laws
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Law, Journalism, Psychology, Public Policy or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years relevant Human Resources (e.g. Employee Relations) or equivalent experience
- 1 year of employee investigations or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in Business, Law, Communications or related field or equivalent experience
- HR Professional designation (e.g., SHRM-CSP)
- General understanding of HR related policies and laws
- Experience working in employment law (e.g., paralegal, attorney and/or licensed private investigator)
- Some knowledge of employment laws and regulations (e.g. DOL, EEOC, Title IX, FMLA/CFRA, ADA, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office and ability to learn case management database system
- Demonstrated organization and time management kills in high volume/demand contexts
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and dissect issues
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to appropriately work with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills; with ability to listen well, demonstrate sensitivity to all parties
- Strong written communication skills employed to write clear, concise and logical reports
- Strong oral communication skills to tactfully and effectively explain information to stakeholders, and ability to maintain high lever of customer service in high volume context
- Ability to maintain high degree of ethical conduct
- Ability to effectively interact with a culturally diverse workforce