Information Systems Analyst, ExpertI'm Interested Date posted 12/08/2020
Requisition ID # 53967
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Job Location : San Francisco
Accounts Payable (AP) is the primary cash disbursement organization in the Company. The AP Senior Manager reports directly to the VP Treasurer. The organization is responsible for the adequate cash disbursement controls in order to prevent fraud and theft.
This position will liaise with IT, Accounting, and Tax departments to provide end-user and systems support for the Accounts Payable module of SAP. This role requires strong analytical and communication skills, accounting and asset lifecycle knowledge, and financial information systems implementation experience. You will collaborate with IT and business partners to develop project plans, gather business requirements, develop functional specifications, develop test plans, lead testing efforts, support go-live activities, and develop and deliver training to end-users. This position is crucial in providing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reporting. A successful candidate understands the current and future business environment of the organization and effectively anticipates, identifies, and meets the business needs.
Client Support and Consulting:
- Create, maintain, and improve upon key reports using Business Warehouse, Analysis for Office, and PowerBI.
- Identify, propose, and influence solutions to moderate-to-complex business problems.
- Anticipate business partners’ concerns and questions and provide timely and professional client-focused communications.
- Identify and implement business process or system improvements with efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability in mind. This includes understanding current state implications.
- Provide design, development, implementation support, maintenance and consulting for AP.
- Ensure successful implementation of new/enhanced functionality on time, on scope and within budget.
- Understand in detail the current and future business environment of the business clients; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs.
- Identify, propose and influence IT solutions to business problems; negotiate requirements and deliverables with multiple business clients.
- Evaluate and document alternatives that will provide the most effective solutions to complex business problems.
- Provides accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks.
- Anticipate client concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional client-focused communications.
- Provide timely responses to client inquiries.
- Act as a key contributor to the business cases for IT projects and initiatives.
- Participate in business requirements gathering.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements and identify potential data sources.
- Review design and technical specification documents for alignment with business solution.
- Perform SAP configuration and work with SAP ABAP development and testing teams to implements solutions.
- Comply with SOX and other standard process requirements.
- Ability to learn/support SAP AP, GL, CO, and other custom sub-modules:
- SAP Supply Chain knowledge is desirable
- Communicate IT processes to the business clients. Contribute to IT Methodology.
- May perform various additional activities, such as operation and maintenance support, testing of critical areas of complex applications, etc.
Additional Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level:
- Able to analyze and design solutions with minimal guidance as needed.
- Demonstrates understanding of business processes for several business functional areas and can effectively coordinate the work on analysis and requirements for several projects.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity.
- Demonstrates good understanding of a number of the following areas: testing, project management, related Lines of Business, software development, SOX compliance, regulatory compliance, operational/disaster recovery, operations, maintenance, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/ Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of experience including process improvement implementation, report maintenance and development, product deployment and chang management.
- 6-8 years of experience with technical support/configuration of SAP Financial modules such as (FI, CO, AP, AR, SD)
- SAP Financial systems implementation experience
- SAP S/4 HANA experience
- SAP ABAP experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels across the Company
- Effective teamwork and leadership skills
- Effective translation of results and findings into an executive summary
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of utility industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Project