IT Operations Service Manager, Principal
Requisition ID # 134205
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: San Francisco
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Information Technology Operations Service Manager, Principal functions as the single-point of contact to key and executive-level stakeholders & customers for IT outages, incident management and emergency response. The service manager has overall responsibility for supporting PG&E's IT Infrastructure & Operations business vision by improving service quality, increasing capabilities through the development/deployment of core business productivity, providing root cause expertise, analysis, and leadership for quality implementations of new technology, while focusing on increasing productivity, and facilitating organizational and business effectiveness through enabling technologies. The responsibilities include but are not limited to analysis, oversight, and coordination of escalated operations events related to IT systems, applications, and equipment. This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining emergency related processes and procedures and leading continuous improvement efforts for the organization.
- Serves as a company-wide subject matter expert on CAP and Root Cause Analysis.
- Works with the business units to establish and maintain a roster of critical and essential processes.
- Manages the planning, development and implementation of emergency incident restoration and recovery efforts.
- Evaluates methodologies, best practices, tools, processes, procedures and technology assessing potential fit, benefits, and impacts for engineering work and projects assigned.
- Identifies and applies remediation strategies to mitigate IT service gaps.
- Initiates major outage communication technical bridges and outage notification event communications.
- Complies, validates, and reports measurements of outage management.
- Assigns outage managers twelve months in advance of planned outage start dates.
- Supervises staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management and rewards and recognition.
- Participates in governance committee decision-making and supports committee efforts to evaluate feasibility, cost effectiveness, organizational impact and/or perceived value of deliverables.
- Experience as Project Manager, large projects, 2 years
- Leadership experience, IT-Information Technology, 8 years
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of working time
- Ability to work rotating schedule
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field
- Master’s degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Utility industry experience
- Emergency Management experience (ITCC)
- Strong understanding of how technology supports the business and plays a key enabler/support role
- Collaborates effectively across functional teams
- Experience working with staff across diverse IT disciplines
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of an organization (individual contributor to senior leadership)
- LSS-Lean Six Sigma Certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- ITIL-Information Technology Infrastructure Library Practitioner certification
- ITIL-Information Technology Infrastructure Library Manager certification