Manager, Accounting Advice
Requisition ID # 88482
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Finance
Finance’s vision is to build and sustain leading finance capabilities to support PG&E’s vision.
Provides management oversight to a team that performs a consulting function focusing on commodity related transactions. Oversees services that help business partners understand the accounting implications of alternative transaction structures, assists business partners in researching complex issues to determine the appropriate accounting treatment, educates business partners on accounting topics, supports business partners with the application of company accounting policies and procedures, and provides definitive guidance when questions arise.
- Assists management in evaluation of overall effectiveness of accounting advice and recommend opportunities for improved performance.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key business partners (e.g. Energy Procurement, Regulator Relations, HR) to ensure early identification of transactions and changes that could have a potential accounting / reporting impacts.
- Develops and implements strategy in support of department goals.
- Develops education and training for the business on accounting topics.
- Develops and assists in the set-up of processes, procedures and other im provement efficiencies:
- Directly manages team of two or more direct reports, possibly through subordinate supervisors.
- Drives performance by setting goals and development plans, conducting performance reviews and providing ongoing feedback to direct reports.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regu lations:
- Establishes comprehensive accounting policies.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business partners:
- Evaluates accounting issues, proposes solutions and/or communicates issues.
- Identifies impacts and effectively implements new accounting standards or guidance.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements at the department level (e.g., efficiencies gained by aligning work streams).
- Leads and manages a team of direct reports.
- Manages and contributes to the department and company projects initiatives to improve processes and understands / translates financial impacts.
- Manages department budget.
- Provides guidance to direct reports in the process of researching and resolving issues.
- Reduce risk during account review, improve effectiveness of communications with business partners, and gain efficiencies during monthly close review procedures.
- Responsible for accounting policies and procedures and providing guidance to business partners.
- Responsible for timely identification of impacts and effective implementation of accounting standards.
- Responsible for managing accounting policies, reporting requirements, ru les and regulations:
- Reviews analysis and conclusions of complex accounting issues and makes recommendations to senior leadership.
- Sets department goals and establishes an environment to achieve those goals.
- Works with senior management to support strategic planning and decision making.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 7 years
- Leadership experience
- Job-related experience, 10 years
- Experience in public accounting
- CPA-Certified Public Accountant certification