Manager, Business Finance
Requisition ID # 137846
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location: San Francisco
PG&E’s Business Finance team provides critical financial support to its operational Business Partners within the company. This support includes but is not limited to financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting, monitoring, performance metric reporting and analysis. These services are critical to achieving the company’s strategic, operational and financial objectives.
The successful candidate will serve as the Corporate Services Business Finance Manager. As a member of the Business Finance leadership team, the candidate will help define and achieve the team's strategic objectives. The manager will be responsible for developing his/her team members and driving a culture that encourages and rewards thought leadership, critical thinking, high-quality work, ethics, efficiency, action, accountability, collegiality and safety.
The candidate will serve as a business partner focal for all finance and accounting, including planning, budget, forecasting, tools, and optimization analysis. A successful candidate will integrate with the client organization and become a trusted financial and strategic thought leader. In sum, the individual will balance and utilize their functional expertise, intellectual curiosity, ethics, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain integrative relationships and ensure best in class decision support and recommendation.
- Develops and leads a team through assignments and provides prompt and constructive feedback on individual performance through employee goals, development plans, training plans.
- Partner with leaders to drive high performance and execute business goals and priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with LOBs aimed at identifying and understanding the business needs and providing strategic tools and guidance.
- Lead, support, and provide advice on major financial endeavor including annual and multi-year business process development
- Drive process improvements, including root causes analyses.
- Provides expert financial advice and policy interpretation on all levels of financial activity within the organization and its programs.
- Drive monthly financial reporting from both a cost and unit perspective.
- Ensure governance is properly monitored and established to ensure corporate policy and cost flow on a proper basis.
- Ensures that business transactions are captured to yield actionable business results. Consults with peer managers, other departments outside Business Finance and cross functional leadership to ensure program plans are focused to the desired end result.
- Analysis of monthly program financial results.
- Monthly Expense & Capital Spending (ECS) program variance explanations and program forecasts.
- Ad-hoc Analyses, as required.
- PCC cost management and headcount reporting
- Understands regulatory accounting fundamentals and the PG&E cost model to consult on program issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or Finance; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading and developing teams, and minimum of 5 years in financial planning, analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- CPA and/or CFA
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Enthusiastic leadership and impactful coaching skills
- Ability to execute tactically as well as depict the whole idea / strategic analysis
- Exceptional time management skills to deal with tight deadlines
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Successful track record of working collaboratively with teams
- Understanding of Utility Accounting fundamentals and the PG&E cost model to consult on program issues