Manager, HR Business Partner
Requisition ID # 89983
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Human Resources
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) team works with PG&E’s lines of business as their Human Resources strategic advisor and collaborator for HR strategy. The HRBP team leads the implementation and maintenance of HR programs, including Performance Management, Compensation Programs, Succession Planning and Employee Engagement.
We are hiring for a Manager, HR Business Partner Operations and a Manager, HR Business Partner Engineering, Planning, and Strategy. These roles will work closely with their respective line of business as their Human Resources (HR) strategic advisor and collaborator for implementing new programs and initiatives and maintaining existing programs. The successful candidate(s) will represent both HR and business unit in planning and implementing talent strategies. The successful candidate(s) will have the ability to partner with and advise senior level executives on HR related plans, risks, impacts and actions impacting short- and long-term strategies. The HRBP Manager(s) will be involved in the handling of all sensitive HR issues by enlisting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and assuming the role of the HR contact with other departments.
Both roles will also supervise a team of HR Business Partners. The teams are responsible for working in tandem with the Manager, HR Business Partner on execution of HR Programs and partnering and advising senior leaders within the organization.
The role will work from your home office through the remainder of the year. When a responsible return to the office is identified occasional visits to Oakland or other work locations may be required as business needs arise.
- Partner with leadership team (officers/directors) to determine strategies needed to drive results for the business. Support execution of strategies and change initiatives.
- Provide executive coaching and organizational consulting for senior leadership to improve their individual effectiveness and the effectiveness of their organization.
- Address and resolve complex HR issues that arise. Work with department leadership to recommend solutions and strategies to resolve HR issues.
- Partner with HR functions to ensure appropriate execution and delivery of HR programs and initiatives; provide input on and the delivery of various HR programs and initiatives.
- Direct and organize clients around HR products and services. Effectively communicate tactical direction.
- Provide leadership and direction to HR Business Partner team.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Change Management concepts and implementation.
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR-Human Resources or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8 years of relevant HR experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in HR-Human Resources, job-related, 10 years
- PHR-Professional in Human Resources certification
- SPHR-Senior Professional in Human Resources certification
- Ability to build partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments