Operations Data Analyst, Expert- Investigations (Flexible Location)I'm Interested Date posted 11/13/2020
Requisition ID # 72685
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Francisco
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, system protection engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
PG&E is seeking an experienced business professional to be a member of the Electric Incident Investigations (EII) Team as an Operations Data Analyst. The EII team is responsible for reporting Electric Incidents (EIRs) to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), investigating EIRs to determine the cause and any corrective or preventive measures to mitigate reoccurrence, investigating ignition incidents, and leading/staffing the Intelligence & Investigations section of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events.
This role will have a high level of visibility with PG&E leadership and will support one or many aspects of EII’s scope. A strong applicant will be an organized, motivated, inquisitive, a consensus builder, and seeks to understand the “bigger picture”.
Location of this position is flexible and will require occasional travel to other areas around PG&E’s service territory.
- Manages investigations and analysis projects with very limited supervision from initial request to presenting findings and responding to data requests, ensuring timely completion.
- Works with various Electric Operations line of business personnel including operational personnel, program and process owners, standard owners, the Wildfire Safety Operations Center (WSOC), Emergency Preparedness & Response (EP&R), the electric compliance teams, Electric Operations senior leadership, and the Electric Data Response Unit (DRU).
- Consistently works with Electric Operations partner organizations including inside counsel, law claims, external counsel, and other key stakeholders.
- Acts as a thought leader applying extensive investigation, process, or analysis expertise in the development of strategy or evaluation/resolution of complex issues.
- Manages cross functional projects that have broad company implications.
- Extracts and analyzes data from various systems, aggregating and synthesizing to formulate findings and recommendations, respond to ad hoc reports, and determine trends/extent of condition.
- Develops comprehensive reports and analysis for long-term, company-wide issues. Presents/communicates clear, concise and actionable corrective/preventive actions.
- Acts as team lead and provides direction to less experienced employees.
- May work with Senior Management to develop business related strategy, leveraging data in decision making. Prepares presentations for and presents findings/recommendations to Executive Leadership.
BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Business or other related field or equivalent work experience
7 years of related work experience.
Travel to other facilities for meetings and site visits about 10% to 20% of time.
Experience with electric operation systems (design or operation or data systems associated within electric operations)
Strong drive for results and continuous improvement
Strong verbal / written communication and presentation skills
Ability to effectively communicate highly complex ideas to diverse audiences using a variety of media with credibility, confidence and clarity
Ability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders and work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to gain consensus from various stakeholders across multiple workgroups in a matrixed environment