Principal Business Operations Specialist - Agile Implementation
Requisition ID # 99204
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
The I&O team at PG&E is entrusted with providing reliable, secure, and productive infrastructure experiences to enable energy delivery, application hosting, and employee experiences. We operate a vast array of infrastructure platforms including networks, end user computing services, infrastructure platforms both classic and cloud based, observability tools, and a range of operational services to enable the day to day needs of the business.
The position will partner with I&O, Office of the CIO and other Technology leaders lead the Agile adoption in the I&O organization. The role is positioned to enable the necessary practices of visualizing work, prioritizing work effectively, situating teams that are co-dependent on each other team. Therefore, the role will help the organization to enable better quality, reliability, and agility for our business and technology processes dependent on infrastructure. The position will also function as the organizational manager for engagement, communication, and reflection processes to ensure organizational health and effective horizontal and vertical integration in our communications. The position will function as an observer and change agent to improve the operating model to position I&O as a technology centric business enabling entity.
- Define the Infrastructure Products, Platforms and Services along with suppliers, co-suppliers, and consumers.
- Discover and partner with infrastructure leaders to articulate the visions, strategies, and outcomes desired by our customers.
- Establish a practical playbook for practicing Agile in a day to day basis.
- Coach and guide teams to ensure the basic practices of planning, prioritization, iteration and communication are consistent with the corner stones of Agile.
- Enable the visualization and measurement of work progress for various work formats including Kanban, project and scrum.
- Establish the critical organizational operating reviews to ensure performance can be measured and managed incrementally.
- Study the existing project delivery processes and work with our teams and customers to design and implement the necessary improvements in an iterative fashion
- Facilitate the organization’s communication cadence including newsletters, townhalls, leadership staff meetings
- Function as a culture maker by actively listening to feedback from all levels and help the leadership team understand and shape their response.
- Lead the annual planning and alignment process with the customers and partners of I&O including Architecture, Cybersecurity, and Application Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, Operations or related field or equivalent experience
- Deep expertise of Agile methodologies
- 10 years of Job-related experience
- Graduate Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong experience of various work delivery methodologies including Agile, Kanban and Waterfall
- Ability to measure and drive continuous improvements across teams and departments
- Ability to educate and guide teams on the practice of Agile
- Develop a maturity process to help teams reflect and improve
- Ability to envision and treat the organization as a system and accordingly manage our structure and communications.