Principal Executive Compensation Consultant
Requisition ID # 82363
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Human Resources
The Human Resources department is committed to providing PG&E employees with the tools, information and services to help deliver safe and reliable gas and electric service to our customers. The Compensation team plans, designs, and implements PG&E’s employee and executive compensation programs that add competitive value and drive alignment to key business objectives.
The Compensation team is also responsible for the administration of all plans, proposing changes, ensuring regulatory compliance and effective HR integration. The team is comprised of two groups: broad-based compensation, responsible for the majority of employees’ compensation programs and executive compensation, responsible for officer, incentive, and equity compensation, both reporting to the Director of Compensation.
The Principal Executive Compensation Consultant will be a subject matter expert on company-sponsored executive compensation plans (e.g., equity compensation programs and non-qualified retirement plans) for Pacific Gas and Electric Company. This position will help determine actions based on internal needs, external benchmarks and market conditions. This role builds partnerships internally to allow for strategic alignment of Human Resources goals and external partnerships to leverage industry knowledge and trends. The position reports to the Manager of Executive Compensation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences in include, but not limited to senior leaders, board members, and plan participants.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., business administration, finance, human resources, industrial organizational psychology) or equivalent experience
- 10 years of relevant experience in business administration or data analysis or combination of advanced degree and experience
- 4 years of compensation or other human resources experience
- Experience with Executive Compensation
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., business administration, finance, human resources, industrial organizational psychology).
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Vendor management experience
- Experience with preparing Compensation Committee materials and proxy statements
- Utility industry experience
- BENCHMARKING AND ANALYSIS: Perform survey job matching and conduct ad-hoc benchmarking and market research for executive level jobs. Perform analyses, identify trends, and develop comprehensive recommendations to facilitate effective decision making at the senior leader level.
- COMMUNICATION AND EDUCATION: Develop materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. Additionally, draft employee, retiree and dependent executive compensation and non-qualified benefit communications and education materials to ensure highest level of understanding and satisfaction with PG&E executive compensation plans to ensure ease of participant selection transactions.
- ON-GOING ADMINISTRATION OF EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION PROGRAMS: Help design and implement unique programs, processes and procedures within executive compensation. Lead programs under the company's Long-Term Incentive Plan for employees and non-employee directors. Additionally, manage vendor performance to ensure compliance with contractual agreements through regular performance meetings with vendors, tracking/monitoring vendor metrics, and support research/resolve/root cause for data/file issues for continuous improvement purposes. Ensure adequacy of supporting internal controls and proper accounting to support the accuracy of information reported. Partner with human resources managers and directors to advise clients on organizational structure, job restructuring and content in support of operations and business objectives.
- LEGAL & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE: Support compliance with various legal and regulatory requirements (including SEC, NYSE, CPUC, and IRS) on PG&E Executive Compensation Programs by drafting executive compensation information included in various filings such as the annual proxy CD&A, annual 77M filing, prospectus disclosures, and 10-Q and 10-K filings. Additionally, prepare and analyze compensation information in response to regulatory requests on an ad hoc basis.