Principal Mobile IOS Developer
Requisition ID # 129016
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: San Francisco
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Digital Engineering and Work Management team is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile and web solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile and web solutions
- Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes through application of user-centric design thinking principles
- Rapid delivery of mobile and web applications
The Digital Engineering and Work Management team is comprised of highly skilled professionals working together following agile methodology and design thinking. We are a “start-up” department within IT. We take the time to understand our partners’ needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve safety, productivity, and overall well-being.
We are seeking an experienced principal level of Mobile iOS developer to lead the iOS developer community in building strong engineering and development practices. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Platforms and Engineering directly and contributes to our mobile products design and development standards. You will partner with our Solution Architect, product owners and tech leads in delivering the best in class mobile solutions to our user groups. Additionally, you will provide analysis of problems, recommend solutions and mentor junior and senior developers. You will actively participate and practice in an open, highly collaborative Agile environment.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Modifies and configures complex and broad applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Develops, oversees, and implements policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards to support business operating plans and goals.
- Adhere to Industry software development practices in Architecting, Solutioning, maintenance of software
- Overseeing code reviews, releases and maintaining CI/CD pipeline.
- Represents the company and acts as a chair/spokesperson with other utilities, various industry boards, committees, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, and other private organizations.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Defines and documents business requirements for complex system development or testing.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings to high level leaders and officers.
- Works on unique and complex problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on development experience, at least 5+ years’ experience on mobile application development
- Experience in building large scale off-line first iOS apps, and published in the App Store
- Experience in developing iOS applications using SQLite/CBLite, should have good understanding of SQL
- Experience with AWS iOS SDK, S3 buckets, and STS tokens
- Experience with APM tools, preferably App Dynamics or Dynatrace
- Experience in Spring Framework and MVC patterns
- Experience in building Full Stack applications
- Experience in driving product development strategy and cross team collaborations
- Experience with integrating Restfulservices (APIs)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and test-driven development
- Has shown strong ability to collaborate with teammates as well as cross teams
- Experience in application performance optimization
- Experience in Project Management and Agile Practices
- Experience with OAuth standard and its configurations
- Experience with Maps frameworks, preferably ArcGIS
- Experience in product development and management
- Preferred programming experience in Swift and Other Object-Oriented Programming Languages