Principal Platforms Engineering Tech Lead
Requisition ID # 78995
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Platforms Engineering is responsible for building the shared tools, service components and systems that underscore Product and Engineering's ability to deliver high availability services, build and iterate on products quickly, and make data informed decisions. We also improve the scalability and performance of our applications through providing architecture design reviews, in-depth performance profiling, and building accessible tools for engineers to characterize the bottlenecks and interactions within and between an ever-growing number of systems. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building scalable service oriented platforms.
Ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of IT systems. Develops, designs, and supports in-house developed applications, off- the-shelf software, servers, databases, and/or networks. Identifies, communicates, and resolves issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Defines and documents business requirements for complex system development or testing.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings to high level leaders and officers.
- Works on unique and complex problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions. Develops, oversees, and implements policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards to support business operating plans and goals.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Modifies and configures complex and broad applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience
- IT-Information Technology engineering, job-related experience, 8 years
- Experience in solution architecture for complex systems
- Mentoring and leading high performing teams
- Building relationships with other teams that use our platform and teams we are dependent on.
- Working with large and highly secure enterprise environments
- Designing, implementing and running large scale cloud infrastructure
- Developing fully native AWS cloud services
- Collaborate across functional teams
- History of implementing DevOps practices in an enterprise environment.
- Designing, implementing and running large scale CI/CD pipeline
- Strong knowledge of common application and security protocols.
- Strong experience with mixed on-premise / AWS environments
- Experience with implementing and supporting highly available production Kubernetes ecosystems, especially EKS
- Promotes DevOps culture supporting Config as Code and Infrastructure as Code best practices
- Knowledgeable in deploying NodeJS microservices
- Experience with centralized logging
- Strong experience with Orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible and CloudFormation
- Strong experience working with AWS native services.
- 10+ years working in mixed roles from developer to IT Architecture
- Experience implementing and migrating applications into AWS