Principal Program Manager, Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 96241
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Office of President & Corporate CEO
Job Location : San Francisco
Customer and Communications is devoted to serving PG&E’s mission of delivering safe, reliable, and affordable customer-focused electric and gas service. As PG&E’s customer-facing organization, we support Electric Operations, Gas Operations, and Energy Supply. We aim to define and drive the enterprise-wide customer strategy while encouraging a culture of safety, affordability, and employee engagement. In addition to Customer Care, this department includes corporate communications and marketing as well as encompassing the leadership of the 5 regions of the PG&E service area.
This position will report to and assist the Director, Project Management Office in department-wide project management operations. This position will lead the department business system needs, as well as identify and implement process and system improvement, manage communications, develop and monitor project tracking for the PG&E’s regions, facilitate trainings for essential business procedures/processes, and drive development of new resources and tools.
Work location will be determined by hiring leader and successful candidate.
- Lead development of project goals and metrics to meet company goals and objectives.
- Collaborate across organization to ensure alignment of goals to support program
- Manage all aspects of project implementation and operations.
- Ensure projects are operating effectively.
- Develop and monitor budgets and forecasts
- Develop, measure, and report on success of the program
- Identify and maintain strong working relationships with all strategic partners
- Partner with Regulatory and Compliance staff to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and support regulatory activities by supplying information for filings, data requests, and meeting with regulators.
- Develop and/or implement policies and procedures
- Coach and mentor less experienced employees
- Solve unique and complex problems, anticipating issues and developing innovative solutions
- Demonstrate strategic leadership with internal stakeholders to support Company goals.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of project management, program management, or related experience
- Master’s degree
- PMP certification
- Ability to use understanding of the business to help drive strategic decision making, and to recommend operational improvements
- Ability to lead the largest most complex projects across the line of business supported (i.e. Customer Care, Human Resources, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and expertise of business and or industry drivers
- Ability to lead large and complex projects working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Adept at addressing issues with diplomacy and tact
- Strong oral and written communication skills