Principal Standards Program Manager
Requisition ID # 58061
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Electric Standards Program Manager manages the standards and work methods work plan. The incumbent provides oversight, governance, communication, training, reporting as well as overall process and project management for the assigned program. The position manages the program budget, which may include developing and presenting the budget proposal.
The preferred work location is flexible within the PG&E Service Territory. This role may require additional travel within the service territory, and occasional need for flexible/long hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of total related experience
- In depth knowledge of electric utility processes, regulatory requirements, critical success factors, goals and initiatives.
- Experience in electric utility maintenance and construction
- Highly skilled at leading project teams.
- Advanced financial management & budgeting skills and business acumen
- Expertise in communication, interpersonal/collaboration influence and negotiation and process management.
- Analytical and creative problem solving, strategic decision-making ability.
- Broad knowledge of project management, process improvement best practices, concepts, methods and techniques.
- High level organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools.
- Advanced presentation skills to effectively convey complex issues to internal and external parties of various levels.
- PMP Certification
- Applies depth and breadth of knowledge of Program Management to the most unique and complex problems. Works autonomously. Anticipates issues and develops innovative solutions. Demonstrates program leadership with internal & external stakeholders to support company goals. May design and develop new, complex programs.
- Recognized subject matter expert who may represent PG&E to external agencies on sensitive or complex issues. Partners with Government Relations or other partner organizations in developing messaging and strategy.
- May manage major cross-functional projects and initiatives. May lead initiatives that impact utility or industry developments.
- Manages all aspects of programs that are cross functional, complex, of broad scope and have a significant financial or political impact on the line of business. Leads development of overall strategy to achieve program goals. monitors costs vs. budget, presents status and prepares and proposes solutions to address variances.
- Leads peers and partner organizations to develop and implement new and/ or improved processes, procedures, policies, controls and best practices to improve customer satisfaction, efficiencies, regulatory compliance and reduce costs.
- May work with other project or program managers or peers in other departments or regions to reschedule work, re-allocate funds and explore creative solutions to achieve financial and productivity goals.
- Leads benchmarking efforts/projects in the industry to share information, seek best practices in electric program management. Develops recommendations for PG&E, develops proposals/business case and presents to senior management. Gains buy in and leads implementation.
- Develops communication and training plans. Ensures target audience is fully educated and adheres to program policies, processes, procedures. Ensures regulatory compliance with the program.
- May manage the process of awarding some program work to outside contractors. Manages RFP process. Partners with the Contract Management department on contract terms, scope and cost, and negotiations.
- Develops or provides significant input to PG&E leadership and/or other utilities with similar programs.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced employees.
- Leads work teams or groups.