Programmer AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 09/29/2020
Requisition ID # 66500
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
The Meter to Cash System (MTCS) - Application Development, Billing team is responsible for software development and implementation of new functionality within the CC&B (Customer Care & Billing) system. The team works closely with technical analysts to assure delivery of quality products and services. Working with the release manager, this team ensures that service requests are completed and defects are fixed in an efficient and timely manner.
In addition, the developers from each area support their clients by providing technical expertise in diagnosing potential Configuration and Rates issues and developing technical designs.
PG&E is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate business applications/programs within the IT Meter to Cash Customer Billing framework. This position requires strong technical and analytical skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and coding best practices. The employee analyzes for CC&B configuration to implement customer improvement process changes, implement Rate Structural and values changes in CC&B system. The employee will consult with business analysts to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs, then assist in the definition, development, and documentation of deliverables and specifications on a project-by-project basis as defined in the IT Methodology, in collaboration with business analyst and other project team members. Successful candidates are able to anticipate client concerns and questions and provide timely, professional, straight forward (non-technical) communications.
- Responsible for CC&B development: Implement CC&B Rates changes – work with technical analyst, business stakeholders to understand requirements; analyze system-wide impacts; design cost-effective solutions.
- Configure Rate calculation tables in CC&B per business requirements.
- Web Portal UI Development: implement portals for users to view and maintain CC&B data, using CC&B configuration tools.
- CC&B process development: implement new client-requested processes within CC&B using configuration tools.
- Active participation in functional and technical specification meetings to understand business requirements and implementation approach.
- Provide insight in new approaches or solutions working with the team to devise the best approach.
- Collaborates with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies.
- Prepare detail designs and conduct walkthroughs.
- Perform unit test of changes and provide direction and support to testing teams to validate changes and system functionality.
- Support the migration to move Soft Tables into various environments
- Client Support - Provide support to the client during normal business hours on system design and operation. Provide guidance to clients regarding business requirements and alternative options not yet considered.
- Safety - Utmost concern is safety for oneself and those around them. Conduct and promote a safe work environment. Attend and comply with all safety meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong business/technical analytical and organizational skills
- A minimum of 3 Years of Experience analyzing functional requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
- Basic level of interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong Relational Database experience for configuration and migration
- Working knowledge of CC&B (Customer Care and Billing) - Billing and rates
- Ability to enhance the end-user experience