Revenue Requirements Analyst, Associate
Requisition ID # 109683
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location : San Francisco
Our mission is to deliver financial stability and implement lean operating process while creating a rewarding work environment for our team. The Expense Recovery team plays a critical role in PG&E’s rate case proceedings and overall recovery of Operations and Maintenance and Administrative and General expenses.
The team is a thought leader in strategic ratemaking decisions and the regulatory summary of earnings forecast. The team is responsible for preparing analytics, insights, and recommendations that enable informed decision making by PG&E senior management. It is a dynamic and exciting environment driven by internal business strategy, regulatory requirements, and external market / environmental factors.
We are seeking a highly motivated, capable Analyst to work in our Expense Recovery and Analysis group. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your analytical skills and work in a cross-functional environment where you can make a contribution and be recognized.
Analyst would support PG&E’s regulatory cases through process management of financial forecast submission, review of financial data and work papers from the Lines of Business, performing analysis on various expense scenarios, analyzing decisions and requests from the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) or Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), responding to data requests, and ensuring implementation and monitoring of resulting actions from case decisions. Incumbents support case witnesses with training and preparation and may serve as a witness assistant in some regulatory cases. The cases could be with the CPUC or the FERC, supporting the General Rate Case (GRC), Electric Transmission Owner case (TO), or other incremental filings. The analyst would also participate in continuous improvement projects, or other department initiatives.
- Prepares analysis in support of emerging issues related to the expenses forecast and revenue requirements.
- Solve problems with clear precedents or standards requiring integration of information from a variety of sources.
- Analyze spending profiles and cost categories to understand how various costs and trends impact current and future cost of service.
- Validate forecasts and analyses for assigned areas of responsibility to verify the overall accuracy of forecasts.
- Act as a witness assistant for moderately complex regulatory proceedings.
- Develop and document processes, guidelines, standards, and models while leading continuous improvement projects that include partnering with peers on process improvements and controls
- BS/BA degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or related discipline or equivalent related experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC and FERC requirements
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Good quantitative and analytical skills and proven ability to analyze and interpret data and effectively communicate findings
- Good understanding of finance and accounting principles and terms
- Good prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple assignments or a project with demanding time constraints
- Good interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- MS / MBA degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent related experience
- Good understanding of PG&E’s business model in order to perform cost of service forecasting and analysis for rate case filings and management decision support.
- Good knowledge of the functional lines of PG&E’s electric and gas business.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP accounting modules.
- Good knowledge of project management, process improvement methods and techniques, or change management.
- Good understanding of revenue requirement forecast, cost recovery, policy development.
- Basic understanding of the case management procedures and process. Good understanding of regulatory accounting principles/balancing account theory, concepts and practice.