Revenue Requirements Analyst, Expert
Requisition ID # 54742
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Financial Forecasting & Revenue Requirements (FF&RR) is proud to provide financial insights and regulatory credibility to help PG&E operate. Our department delivers enterprise-level financial and revenue forecasting and analysis. We care deeply about reinventing PG&E for the future so that we can influence strategies impacting our own communities. We provide insight, analysis, and tools that enable financial success and operational excellence. We invest in our team’s success. We provide user-friendly and innovative solutions. We work as an integrated team. We build trusted relationships.
The successful candidate will support the Results of Operations (RO) financial modeling team as a RO model expert witness in certain regulatory cases. The position is responsible for creating cost recovery models for specific programs that fit PG&E’s strategic future. As an expert witness, the successful candidate will support the regulatory case management team throughout the case management process by preparing and sponsoring testimony, exhibits, workpapers, and discovery responses. In addition, the position involves internal analysis for policy research, strategic decisions, reports, validation and presenting results to senior management. Internal analysis examples include income tax memorandum account computations, imputed capital cost regulatory targets and high-level revenue requirement estimation to support regulatory filings, settlement negotiation analysis and business decision making.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or Business or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
• Requires a minimum of six years of regulatory, accounting, financial, or business-related experience
- Typically seven years of relevant experience
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced strategic problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Advanced presentation skills in public forums or to senior management and officers.
- Strong understanding of revenue requirement, regulatory accounting principles/balancing account theory, concepts and practice.
- Able to present analysis and evaluation results and output in a cohesive, understandable format for external parties such as the California Public Utility Commission
- Ability to write compelling testimony in support of RO calculations
- MS Excel macro programming knowledge is a plus
- Database knowledge
- Leads the development of RO models including, defining process, developing schedules, actual production, and writing testimony.
- Validates complex tools. Develops conclusions and recommendations and presents to Supervisor and Managers.
- Acts as a RO model witness for regulatory cases of moderate complexity, prepare testimony, revenue requirement models and testify at proceedings and coordinate with the project management team and other witnesses.
- Leads development and documentation of processes, guidelines, standards, models and analytics. Leads continuous improvement projects to include partnering with peers and working with stakeholder departments.
- Provides decision support to senior management and researches needed areas for analysis.
- Interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, including CPUC, regarding model input and output, explaining the process, the assumptions, and interpreting the results. Presents to senior manager or case managers to gain approval.
- Present RO model information at commission workshops and witness trainings.
- Analyzes spending profiles and cost categories to understand how various costs and trends impact current and future cost of service
- Supports team members on various tasks and handle special projects as assigned.