Senior, Construction Manager (Flexible location)
Requisition ID # 148401
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Francisco
The Construction Manager will responsible for execution on the Pole Off Cycle Inspection and Pole Reinforcement programs. The Construction Manager supports contract adherence, consults on program feasibility and project site details, coordinates with construction crews, oversees project inspectors, and on a project specific basis performs construction oversight. The incumbent may also prepare job packages and construction estimates, conduct job walks, and meet with bidders, contractors, and governing agencies. The Construction Manager ensures projects are completed per company standards, engineering design, regulatory guidelines, permits and schedule.
- This position is hybrid, working from your remote office, and your assigned location based on business need. Headquarter location is flexible within PG&E service territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $102,000
Bay Area Maximum: $162,000
California Minimum: $97,000
California Maximum: $154,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Applies advanced knowledge of professional and technical concepts to projects in multiple disciplines such as civil, electrical, process instrumentation and electric construction management.
- Attends job scope walk downs w/PG&E
- Interprets, designs, and writes work specific scope documentation and contributes to the decision-making process related to contract work.
- Reviews RFP’s to confirm financial data submitted from the contractor matches the job scope.
- Attends and leads formal job walk downs and discusses scope, schedule and target dates.
- Compiles internal documents and relevant data for the RFP and contract processes.
- Addresses all communication with contractors. Conducts meetings at the job site allowing contractors to review the design and ask questions.
- Utilizes workload management database and update assigned projects. Assist career level employees with system usage and begin reviewing workload analysis reports.
- Ensures contractors follow their approved site-specific safety plans. Enforces project environmental/land permit conditions and all safety regulations.
- Assists in the pre-construction project cycle, accompanies team on project walks and offer constructability reports when tasked. Coordinates both construction project kick off meetings, PG&E procured material deliveries, and meets with governing agencies/ municipalities to manage and enlist compliance with permitting regulations.
- Ensures accurate documentation of contractor billing, manage change orders and the close out of project field records.
- Leads weekly construction and progress meetings and publish meeting notes with field records on a project basis. Maintains a positive relationship with construction superintendents and project managers updating them as part of the project construction team.
- On a limited basis, and as designated, provides mentoring to Associate and Career level employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Electric Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in the field of Industrial engineering or Construction
- 7 years working experience in the field of Industrial Engineering or Construction.
- Knowledge of utility poles
- Knowledge of various wood species pertaining to utility poles.
- Demonstrated abilities in cost accounting,
- Contract administration, and project scheduling
- Demonstrated abilities in project/program management
- Inspection and quality control
- Demonstrated knowledge in Electric Transmission/Distribution Construction.