Senior Cybersecurity Business Analyst
Requisition ID # 93687
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Cybersecurity Portfolio Management Office (PMO) provides governance to Cybersecurity projects, programs, and process improvements to ensure projects and initiatives are prioritized appropriately and executed in accordance with enterprise standards. The PMO also manages the delivery of the Cybersecurity Book of Work (BoW) to improve PG&E's Cybersecurity capabilities by planning, executing, controlling, monitoring, and closing projects and programs in accordance with both the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) and Cybersecurity PMO framework. The third component of the PMO is to manage intake, coordinate, and report on Cybersecurity process improvements in order to improve PG&E's security posture and operational effectiveness.
This role will analyze and propose system solutions for the Line of Business and IT organization. The successful candidate will align themselves as a strategic partner and business liaison who understands business content, procedures, processes and systems. Using an analytical approach, the successful candidate will assemble, analyze, and translates business requirements into detailed requirements and functional specifications. Additionally, they will perform feasibility analysis; develops project scope; provides recommendations on the alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. Lastly, they will analyze business needs and define detailed requirements and validate solutions with the clients in a fast paced landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 years related work experience, 3 of which is in business analysis
- CCBA-certification of Competency in Business Analysis certification
- 5 year’s business analysis
- Experience in project participation, high complexity
- Experience serving and meeting the needs of internal and/or external customers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience of and knowledge in a broad range of IT security disciplines (network, tools, etc.)
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels, written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to analyze and design solutions independently with limited guidance
- Ability to lead medium to high complexity level requirements efforts and coaching or mentoring less experienced business analysts
- Able to perform peer review of requirements and designs documents
- Able to work effectively with other groups to persuade, exchange ideas and foster cooperation
- Anticipate client concerns and questions, and provide timely and professional client-focused communications
- Demonstrated familiarity with a number of the following areas: testing, project management, related Lines of Business, software development, SOX compliance, regulatory compliance, operational/disaster recovery, operations, maintenance, etc.
- Demonstrated seasoned experienced- based judgment in applying and adapting techniques with high credibility of the project team members.
- Evaluate and document alternatives that will provide the most effective solutions to business problems.
- Identify, propose and influence IT solutions to moderate-to-complex business problems; negotiate requirements and deliverables with the client.
- Perform various additional activities, such as operation and maintenance support, application testing, etc.
- Participates in project estimates.
- Prepare or review test plans and perform quality reviews of test results.
- Provide consulting in information technology to the client to identify and satisfy the business needs.
- Review design and technical specification documents for alignment with business solution.
- Understand the client’s current and future business environment, effectively anticipate, identify and meet the business needs.
- Actively contribute to the business cases for IT projects and initiatives.
- Analyze end-to-end business processes of moderate to high complexity and information needs of the clients in one or more business functional areas.
- Communicate IT processes to the business clients.
- Comply with SOX and other standard process requirements.
- Define and document business requirements for moderate-to-complex projects.