Senior Cybersecurity Planning Analyst - Cyber Portfolio Management Office
Requisition ID # 90084
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Cybersecurity Portfolio Management Office (PMO) provides governance to Cybersecurity projects, programs, and process improvements to ensure projects and initiatives are prioritized appropriately and executed in accordance with enterprise standards.
The PMO also manages the delivery of the Cybersecurity Book of Work (BoW) to improve PG&E's Cybersecurity capabilities by planning, executing, controlling, monitoring, and closing projects and programs in accordance with both the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) and Cybersecurity PMO framework. The third component of the PMO is to manage intake, coordinate, and report on Cybersecurity process improvements in order to improve PG&E's security posture and operational effectiveness.
The Senior Cybersecurity IT Planning Analyst will plan and forecast budgets, control those budgets, provide operational analysis and strategic planning analysis, along with developing metrics for the department. This role will provide planning, product, and business analysis and support in the following areas: planning, research support, data analysis and reporting, resource management, process governance, budgetary requirements and spend, in support of business decision making, strategy, and operations. This position provides input, support, and analysis to general Cybersecurity business processes, assists in the development of a prioritized budget for the Cybersecurity organization and works with other financial or data personnel to ensure accurate and timely operations, budget, and/or project management. Senior Planning Analyst may also be involved in continuous process improvement, quality control, special projects, and other initiatives. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and values.
The work location is flexible and can be located in Oakland, San Ramon, or Concord.
- Provide the analysis on Cybersecurity PMO operations, resource allocation, financial reviews; and analyzing programs to ensure that program goals and work plans are on target
- Maintain annual capital and expense budgets utilizing proper accounting/budgeting controls, enter financial data into tracking system, and compile regular and ad-hoc financial status reports. Perform data quality checks and balances for scope schedule and cost throughout the portfolio
- Assist with data gathering requests as needed
- Produce insightful reports that can be shared with and actioned by Senior Leadership
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including dashboards) that the Solutions Delivery and broader teams can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Lead daily operations and provide general Cybersecurity business & planning support
- Prepare reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information; prepares presentation materials for management reports
- Proactively respond to ad-hoc IT business analysis requests, questions and issues
- Build predictive models that will better detect anomalies, estimate accruals, and resolve financial imbalances
- Review contract invoices, identify disparities, and resolve issues with the vendors.
- Serve as a resource to project managers to educate and assist with project management processes
- Ensures project control systems are in place and integrates project data for decision makers
- Drive new resources contractors and FTEs with their initial on-boarding – access requests, training, time sheets submissions and ensuring timekeeper groups are assigned
- Send out timely email reminders for Cyber PMO resources to ensure training timelines are being adhered to
- Build out job aids and process documentation on an as needed basis.
- Provide labor forecasts, projects, initiatives, demand, and capacity analyses.
- Collaborate with program/project managers in the development of program/project management documentation, business cases, cost planning, reports, work plans, and performance metrics
- Record and monitor project issues, risks, and change requests
- Record and monitor project action logs and decision logs
- Update and analyze project data and performance metrics; prepare and maintain complex presentations and spreadsheets for analysis and recommendations.
- Research and compile information for project teams
- Bachelor of Arts / Science in accounting, business, finance, computer science, IT similar field OR equivalent work experience
- 4 years of general business experience
- Five or more years related budget, financial and program systems, and process experience
- Has a strong understanding of Capital Accounting Instructions relating to project Job Estimating, and capital vs. expense expenditures
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to perform assigned tasks from low to average complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Strong communication and collaboration
- Database knowledge: Oracle, SQL Server
- Strong Microsoft Suite knowledge in Project, Access, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
- Tools: SMC Remedy, JIRA, PPMC, SharePoint
- Understands how to execute, build, and get things done with limited resources
- Strong experience with project implementations
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®)
- Six Sigma or ITIL certifications
- Solid problem-solving skills (i.e., exercises independent judgment and discretion to perform assigned tasks from low to average complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and self-directed
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth financial systems experience (i.e., SAP)
- Working knowledge of IT Business Unit budget processes
- Strong knowledge of finance and business planning, professional concepts as they apply to the IT organization
- Strong business understanding of the IT organization
- Advanced understanding of financial systems and reporting (i.e., SAP, Business Objects, Access)
- Experience with budgeting process
- Proactively respond to ad-hoc IT business analysis requests, questions, and issues
- Advanced Microsoft Suite knowledge in Excel, Project, Access Word; able to create pivot tables
- Advanced business analysis research and problem-solving skills
- Ensures approvals in accordance with Delegation of Authority, process, and tools (i.e., SRM, EDRS, Project Portfolio Management
- Work independently on small to medium projects as a project team member or occasionally as a leader