Senior Data Scientist - San Francisco, CAI'm Interested Date posted 01/14/2021
Requisition ID # 77479
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Regulatory Affairs
Job Location : San Francisco
Cost of Service team within the Regulatory Affairs organization of PG&E performs the role of Subject Matter Experts for various Electric and Gas Cost of Service related regulatory filings. To prepare proposals for the regulatory filings, the team undertakes significant data analytics requiring handling of large load, cost and cost-driver datasets to develop cost of service methodologies and models, the results of which are used in revenue allocation and rate design.
The position title is “Senior Data Scientist”. We are looking for an experienced professional with significant experience in data science and machine learning, to perform exploratory analysis, develop modeling and analytical methodologies, implement, test and validate models and analyses, ensuring appropriate quality control.
- Prepare and maintain large and complex cost of service-related datasets that can be used for various cost of service modeling and analyses.
- Optimize data storage and query performance; ensure data integrity, cleanliness, and availability; and document data sources, methodologies and test plans/ results.
- Demonstrate teamwork to develop robust solutions and to complete the assigned tasks and projects with proper quality control in a timely manner for Cost of Service-related regulatory filings.
- Engage experts and stakeholders and collaborate internally and externally to help support PG&E’s positions in regulatory filings.
- Applies machine learning and other analytical modeling methods to develop robust and reliable analytical models, including visualizations, within PG&E’s software development environment.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements by automating and integrating manual processes for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Build and maintain cost of service models with proper documentation.
- Test and validate models.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Sciences, Statistics or similar quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience OR Master’s Degree and 3 years, OR Doctorate in
- Data science and machine learning including model building, testing and validation.
- Python programming in Hadoop, Spark, AWS or other cloud platform.
- SQL (Teradata) programming to extract, store and analyze large datasets.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field of study.
- Experience in SAS programming.
- Experience in Utility electric load data analysis, cost of service analysis and rate making.
- Experience in setting up principal component analysis, clustering, Monte Carlo simulation and optimization algorithms such as linear programming.
- Knowledge of finance and economics for electric and gas rate making.
- Experience in writing articles, testimonies and making presentations to technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Experience in cross-functional and external collaboration and communication.