Senior Director, Digital Mobile Technology
Requisition ID # 82443
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Senior Director
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Sr. Director, Digital Mobile Technology, will drive the digital transformation of PG&E’s field workers and work management across the company. This role leads a dynamic and innovative team that is responsible for developing enterprise mobile technology platforms and initiatives that are transforming the way PG&E designs and develops technological solutions. These methods of design and development have resulted in rapid delivery of innovative technology that improves operations and affordability. As such, IT continues to adopt product design thinking and agile methods across the organization and is growing rapidly as a result.
This position is currently based in San Francisco; however, a transition to Oakland is anticipated in 2022.
- Drives the digital strategy for field-worker enablement across all lines of businesses, to include gas, electric, and generation.
- Accountable for major program and project delivery, as well as application development and support of mobile technology used by the business.
- Builds and maintains relationships with senior leaders for program and project leadership, issues resolution and sustained overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for aligning the IT strategy, services, investment decisions, and delivery structures and processes with the business units and enterprise IT direction and objectives.
- Builds and develops high performing teams and manages third party firms to successfully deliver a portfolio of large scale/complex multi-year programs and multimillion-dollar projects.
- Collaborates with senior business stakeholders and IT team to properly scope, govern and structure program and project teams for success. Regularly briefs stakeholders on program and project implementation performance.
- Cultivates strong relationships and develops a deep understanding of business goals and initiatives in order to create multi-year technology plans.
- Ensures service level agreements are met or exceeded. Ensures costs for IT solutions and ongoing IT operational services are aligned to the value expected by business.
- Ensures IT programs and projects are delivered on time, on budget and with expected functionality.
- Enhances the existing governance process, gathering input from key business leaders on how best to prioritize and allocate resources, shifting as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Develops a world-class technology organization that is focused on continuous learning and ongoing renewal to ensure organizational health and vitality. Creates a highly capable, inspired and agile team, which possesses the key competencies needed to drive the delivery of value-creating solutions.
- Develops application roadmaps to accelerate retirement and/or convergence of the applications portfolio, while applying industry or domain knowledge to identify and evaluate new enabling technologies that will support and enhance the business.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer and business leadership in developing, executing, and communicating the IT and business vision, mission and goals.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business administration, engineering, or related field or equivalent years of job related experience
- 12 years of experience managing technical teams
- Experience with Agile Software Development, Devops, Cloud Computing, and Application Development for Mobile
- Experience with enterprise applications delivery, portfolio planning, and project management
- Experience in a complex asset intensive industry, preferably in a regulated industry
- Knowledge in one or more of the following business process areas: Engineering/Design, Large Capital Project Management, Operations & Compliance, Scheduling/Dispatch, Construction and Gas Systems Operations
- Comprehensive experience in the design and delivery of complex IT projects and services
- Strong financial acumen, to include experience managing budgets
- Demonstrated success as a change agent leading significant transformational initiatives in highly complex, matrixed organizations
- Previous Director level experience with significant achievements in a demanding, rapidly changing environment