Senior Director, Strategic SourcingI'm Interested Date posted 09/25/2020
Requisition ID # 67322
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Senior Director
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
Job Location : San Francisco
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. The company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million customers throughout a 70,000 square-mile territory in northern and central California. The company was founded in 1905 and has approximately 23,000 employees. PG&E generates sales of over $16 billion.
The Supply Chain organization is a key operational organization at PG&E. The organization includes more than 650 employees across seven departments including Strategic Sourcing, Sourcing Operations, Supply Chain Responsibility, Contract Lifecycle Management, Materials Operations, Supplier Quality Assurance and Market Intelligence and Analytics. The Strategic Sourcing department including approximately 80 professionals covering services and materials for Electric Transmission and Distribution, Gas Transmission and Distribution, Vegetation Management, Nuclear Generation, Hydroelectric, Natural Gas and Solar Generation and indirect categories including IT, Customer Care, Energy Efficiency, Law, Environmental, Transportation, Aviation, Finance and Professional Services. Annual sourced spend is approximately $10 billion across all portfolios.
The Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing is a key strategic leadership role at PG&E. The role delivers strategic sourcing direction and leadership for approximately $10 billion of external spend across Electric, Gas, Generation and indirect categories. The position is responsible for delivering results in the areas of cost savings, sourcing process performance, supplier diversity and responsibility, process improvements, compliance and risk management, employee engagement and professional development and supplier relationship management.
This position will report to Vice President, Chief Procurement Officer.
- Responsible for ensuring PG&E has a safe, reliable, affordable, diverse and sustainable supply that enables it to meet its business objectives and goals.
- Lead and develop a team of ~80 professionals responsible for the strategic sourcing of approximately $10 billion in annual supplier spend.
- Oversee the strategic management of sourcing of materials and services supply, as well as supplier performance and quality management.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with internal stakeholders at all levels and ensure alignment of sourcing plans with enterprise business plans
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with external stakeholders, including with supplier leadership teams and represented labor leadership.
- Serve as a member of the Supply Chain leadership team, partnering with other Supply Chain leaders to achieve cross functional goals related to supplier diversity and supply chain responsibility, compliance and risk management, safety, budget performance, employee engagement and other department goals.
- Manage and develop team to ensure capabilities around business support / alignment, negotiation skills, and strategic direction.
- Drive continuous improvement and change by identifying and implementing best practices in supply chain management, develop business drivers through ongoing monitoring of trends, conditions and other key performance indicators to ensure effective cost, service, and delivery.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- BA/BS degree in supply chain management, engineering, business administration, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of supply chain management experience, demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- MBA or MS in supply chain management, engineering, or business administration.
- Six Sigma, CPSM or other related certification.
- Project Management experience
- Utility industry experience
- 7 years of large organization leadership experience
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence strategic and long-term plans
- Ability to drive change through analytics and strategic thinking.
- Able to provide continuous process improvements.
- Experience leading effective change management.
- Knowledge in both operational and strategic thinking.
- Ability to identify organizational and business risks.
- Knowledge of best practices in supply chain management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Hiring Leader Name: Jamie Lynn Martin
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status,medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.