Senior Full Stack Developer
Requisition ID # 106280
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
At PG&E, the Data and Analytics organization is focused on unlocking the value of PG&E’s data to support the company’s Wildfire Safety Program. As part of that focus, we focus on delivering data and AI/ML centric products to support these initiatives. Some of the products that are being delivered include Remote Inspections, AI Enabled Inspections, Vegetation Management through LiDAR capabilities, Transmission Line Asset Master, Electric Distribution Asset Master, Asset Risk Modeling, and a Cloud Native Foundational Platform.
A critical part of how we operate is to apply design thinking, work and observe the Agile development methodology, and co-location. Through these principles, we work as product teams to help deliver a valuable product to our business.
We are seeking a Sr Full Stack Engineer on the Data & Analytics Team. The successful candidate will be a member of a product team, following best-practice Agile and DevOps techniques to deliver impactful data products for internal PG&E partners. You will participate in design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support. Additionally, you will provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions. You will actively participate and practice in an open, highly collaborative Agile environment.
- Understands business requirements and applies them to complex programming and analysis.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and mentors/provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Partners with various departments to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
- Identifies, analyzes and provides feedback to departmental standards, norms, and new goals/objectives.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs with an operational mindset.
- Works on complex data & analytics-centric problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines. May seek assistance from the supervisor or more skilled programmers/analysts on unusual or especially complex problems that cross multiple functional/technology areas.
- Delivers best-in-class software as part of a software delivery team.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed
- Plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related work experience
- Experience integrating Restful services (APIs)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and test-driven deployment
- Experience with bug tracking and source control
Desired Education / Skills:
- Experience in a mentorship role within a dynamic team
- Experience in Node.js,Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes and GraphQL
- Experience managing application data models and automating changes to the data model
- Familiar with AWS technologies like S3, RDS
- Experience with large data sets to address business issues
- Experience with modern software delivery practices, including source control, testing, continuous delivery
- Experience with Jenkins, CI/CD, unit testing.
- Experience delivering product with Agile methodologies
- Humble – is open to being coached, has high EQ and is self-aware
- Hungry – desires to get things done while honoring people, and seeks better ways to do the job
- Collaborative – has strong interpersonal skills; cares about and works well with teammates
- Willingness to impact beyond defined role
- Experience with data & analytics product development
What you will get
- The opportunity to work on some of the most interesting, complex, real world data problems that will make a difference for PG&E, PG&E’s customers, and the Utility industry as a whole
- The opportunity to contribute to a best in class digital organization that ships real products to real users
- Extreme management support for your development and your day to day success
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
- Best in class perks and benefits