Senior IT Business Analyst
Requisition ID # 119965
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Meter to Cash – Billing and Finance (MTC B&F) is responsible for analyzing and designing work that impacts the Meter to Cash systems and their direct interfaces. This team works with business and technical stakeholders to obtain the best possible solutions for its clients.
Its deliverables include providing estimates for MTC related work; developing an internal work plan with identified resources and target completion dates; and preparing requirements and functional designs. Each Analyst serves as a subject matter expert for assigned area of coverage with in-depth knowledge of the business practices and MTC functionality that supports it. In addition, the analyst is responsible for analyzing O&M and project defects to determine business and technical impact and providing input on the priority of fixing the defects.
We are looking for a senior level IT applications design analyst in Billing/Financials team who can be a quick learner, thorough, organized, flexible to adapt in fast paced and dynamic environments. The analyst is mainly responsible for analyzing business requirements and developing function requirement and function design documents. In addition, the analyst is responsible for analyzing O&M and project defects to determine business/technical impact and providing recommendation on fixing the defects.
- Work with business organizations to provide input regarding enhancement feasibility
- Using business process knowledge, proactively look for opportunities for system enhancements
- Evaluate and provide input to “business concept requirements”
- Prepare preliminary design for concept estimation purposes
- Analyze/assemble requirements
- Provide technical expertise and assistance in designing, testing and developing applications
- Perform feasibility analysis, design and provide recommendations on the alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization, as well as system alternatives or enhancements to current systems
- Prepare final functional requirement and functional design documentation
- Conduct walkthrough of deliverables with business and obtain approval/signoff
- Provide SME support to developers and testers
- Work with business to document and analyze project change controls
- Support stabilization of deployed code
- Troubleshoot potential MTC system issues to determine if there is a defect
- Analyze production defects, identify business and system impacts and quantify problems
- Contribute to defect troubleshooting and solution design
- Assist business and technical teams with adhoc requests
- Provide functional expertise to clients for resolving business issues
- BA/BS in Computer Science/ Information Systems, Business Financial or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years of experience in analyzing, designing and developing functional requirements and application functional design in rate billing and finance process. 3 years of experience in business analysis. Can have less experience in case of an advanced degree.
- Participation in projects of medium to high complexity.
- Familiarity with the corresponding Line of Business-related functions.
- Working knowledge of Oracle CC&B application and data model
- Experience in CC&B billing financial, credit collection, payment and Energy Service Provide direct access, Community Choice Aggregation processes
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including data querying is a plus
- Be able to design as an individual but within the framework of the team and product
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to maintain efficiency, consistency and achieve successful implementation of system enhancement
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio