Senior IT Planning AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 09/24/2020
Requisition ID # 66923
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
The Office of the CIO (OCIO) represents the cross-functional IT Management capabilities that enable running the business of IT. The OCIO focuses on supporting IT's operation model by ensuring a consistent, transparent and efficient approach to the way the IT organization delivers value to its partners.
Plan, forecast, coordinate, and execute software/hardware maintenance renewals. Create and maintain records in Atrium (IT Contracts database). Work with Business Finance to forecast next Fiscal Year budget as part of annual Budget Planning and track/reconcile forecasts and actuals between Atrium and SAP. Coach LOB SMEs on contract details and cost rationalization. Obtain renewal quotes from vendors directly or work with SMEs to do so. Create/revise Ariba Purchase Requisitions, review Purchase Orders, confirm renewal completion with vendors/SMEs, post Goods Receipts, submit amortization requests, and track invoice processing in SAP. Troubleshoot related issues for clients and vendors. Serve as liaison with IT, non-IT LOBs, IT Sourcing, and Business Finance organizations. Provide contract renewal status and forecast/spend reporting.
Performs one or more of the following major duties:
General Business Analysis:
- Assist with the daily operations and provide general IT business & planning support
- Ensuring relevant documentation accompany contracts and maintaining digital copies
- Prepare reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information; prepares presentation materials for management reports
- Assist in the initiation, conducting and coordinating studies and analysis on IT operations, resource allocation, financial reviews; and analyzing programs to ensure that program goals and work plans are on target
- Participates and assists in the preparation of the annual business plans for the assigned IT functional area, and coordinates contract or resource management efforts including making recommendations based on analysis work
- May work as a liaison among stakeholders to coordinate, document, and schedule changes to IT infrastructure and information systems
Financial Activities & Analysis:
- Performs analysis and reporting of assigned areas, including defining process, developing schedules, actual production, and material reviews
- Work closely with manager(s), director(s), and financial support group on cycle forecasts, chargeback management, contract management, General Rate Case -GRC planning, and annual IT budget planning.
- Maintain annual capital and expense budgets utilizing proper accounting/budgeting controls, enter financial data into tracking system, and compile regular and ad-hoc financial status reports.
- Implement cost allocation program, and respond to questions and concerns from the business areas. Review contract invoices, identify disparities, and resolve issues with the vendors.
- Performs quality assurance on data and resolve issues with affected parties
- Provides decision support to senior management and researches needed areas for analysis
- Identifies inappropriate capital and/or expense charges through thorough understanding of Capital Accounting Instructions
- Provides detailed financial analysis and root cause on project costs variances for plan vs. actual costs and identifies inappropriate changes and makes appropriate corrections in SAP.
- Analyzes actual spend and forecasts to determine if/when appropriate Project Change Controls must be implemented
- Support development and creation of department reporting and metrics
- Plan and analyze a variety of metrics including cost of service and performance/quality analysis and provide explanations of variances
- Perform business analysis and identify processes that can be streamlined and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze and perform calculations of metric information for monthly releases
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of department planning for demand and supply of resources
- Serves as the liaison between IT technical teams, resource manager, and human resources organization to develop and implement appropriate IT talent management activities
- Provide complex labor forecasts, projects, initiatives, demand and capacity analyses
- Support resource planning labor forecasts, projects, and initiatives
- Conduct operational cost
- Track and coordinate complex asset management, documentation/communications, contract/license management, vendor
- management, training, and lifecycle management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify business requirements and ensure regulatory compliance
- Participate in asset/contract management projects
- Serve as a resource to project managers to educate and assist with project management processes.
- Work with project managers to raise issues that impact project success.
- Ensures project control systems are in place and integrates project data for decision makers
- Organize and publish departmental and project-related documentation in various sources.
- Work on overall project planning through deployment on project schedules, cost, and scope deliverables including resolutions of issues
- Assist with deployment of projects
- Track project costs to ensure forecasts are on target
- Analyzes project management system tool for data accuracy and integrity
- Assist in tracking issues and risks to resolution
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business, or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of general business/finance analyst experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with financial systems and processes
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-Starter with strong analytical skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills