Senior IT Planning Analyst
Requisition ID # 90085
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Cybersecurity Portfolio Management Office (PMO) provides governance to Cybersecurity projects, programs, and process improvements to ensure projects and initiatives are prioritized appropriately and executed in accordance with enterprise standards. The PMO also manages the delivery of the Cybersecurity Book of Work (BoW) to improve PG&E's Cybersecurity capabilities by planning, executing, controlling, monitoring, and closing projects and programs in accordance with both the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) and Cybersecurity PMO framework. The third component of the PMO is to manage intake, coordinate, and report on Cybersecurity process improvements in order to improve PG&E's security posture and operational effectiveness.
The Senior IT Planning Analyst - Service Introduction will demonstrate a strong understanding of Cybersecurity and IT infrastructure operations and application processes, IT operational readiness and requirements. You are familiar with IT Waterfall and Agile project delivery methodologies, process mapping and IT architecture. The candidate will be able to synthesize design drawings/blueprints to determine at a high-level IT component layers associated to project scope.
In this role, you will possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, highly motivated, solutions focused and team oriented, and are self-driven in the discovery of researching IT information using internal and external resources. You will demonstrate the ability to follow SI and Operational Readiness best practices and documented instructional processes and procedures. This role will demonstrate familiarity with the various levels of Cybersecurity and IT Technical functional and operational support aligned to incident management and escalation.
You will be able to establish credibility, facilitate meetings and build partnerships. You will manage communications and expectations with stakeholders across multi-disciplinary teams, management, offshore teams, and vendors, and identify and manage roadblocks, solicit internal leadership support when necessary.
You will manage multiple projects effectively to meet Go-Live Operational Readiness and handoff to Operations, and document weekly regular project health status reporting throughout the project lifecycle. This role will maintain and document sound evidence of SI Plan requirements and management Go-Live requirements to the approved stage. Using Cybersecurity, IT Operational and Internal Auditing best practices and accepted artifacts and maintain 100% project billable rating.
As the Senior Planning Analyst, you may also be involved in continuous process improvement, quality control, special projects, and other initiatives. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and values.
The role will work remotely within the PG&E service territory for the remainder of the year. Once a return to work is identified, a hybrid work schedule will be accomodated. The physical work location is flexible and can be located in Sacramento, Oakland, San Ramon, or Concord.
- Work with Project Managers, Cybersecurity PMO, Technical functional teams, Service Introduction and Operational teams for tracking progress and documenting sound evidence for project governance activities
- Assess the accuracy of the evidence to ensure deliverables are met
- Produce health status reports that are insightful and drives action towards completion as part of the project gate reviews
- Drive to develop the Service Introduction Plan
- Participate and support Project Managers to develop the Operational Support Model. Drive and develop as necessary
- Participates and assists in the preparation for project gate reviews
- Serves as a resource to project managers to educate with the Service Introduction and Operational Readiness requirements
- Build out job aids and process documentation on an as needed basis
- Bachelor of Arts / Science in accounting, business, finance, computer science, IT similar field OR equivalent work experience
- 4 years of general business experience
- Solid business understanding of the IT organization
- Strong organizational business understanding
- Solid Microsoft Suite knowledge in Excel, Project, Access Word
- Work independently on small to medium projects as a project team member
- Solid understanding of process improvements
- Solid problem-solving skills (i.e., exercises independent judgment and discretion to perform assigned tasks from low to average complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines)
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and self-directed
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to perform assigned tasks from low to average complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Tools: SMC Remedy, JIRA, PPMC, SharePoint
- Experience with project implementations
- Six Sigma, CPSM, PMP or related certificate