Senior IT Systems EngineerI'm Interested Date posted 12/19/2020
Requisition ID # 74503
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
CIS Configuration and Maintenance team is responsible for supporting PG&E’s Meter to Cash organization with wide-ranging technical oversight and administration.
The organization interfaces with numerous other PG&E businessteams.
Support extensive Vulnerability Patching efforts. Apply technical knowledge to maintain a number of areas, such as CC&B, UC4, Salesforce, OIM, Ping, Layer7, Informatica, database, and network.
Working in a team environment, maintain a variety of areas, including CC&B, OIM, Ping, Layer7, Salesforce, Informatica, database, network, and UC4.
Working in a team environment, install, configure, and troubleshoot UNIX /Linux/Windows based environments.
Apply solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP) and understanding of network, firewall, load balance, and SSL to build, operate, and enhance Meter to Cash Environment.
Develop solutions according to client requirements.
Apply enterprise standards and procedures to all effort.
Innovate new solutions for continuous improvement.
Create long term solutions that fit with stated corporate goals and strategies.
Create operational and usage documentation: develop, publish, and enforceprocedures.
Good communication skills. Desire to teach and train clients in processes and bestpractices.
Understating of Object Oriented systems and theirimplementations.
Basic understanding and proficiency with server type operating system commands and filesystems such as Windows, SAP, and Unix.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, informationtechnology, engineering, or other relevant field required
- 3 years of software or system engineering experience
- Solid experience in systems vulnerability management and hardening to mitigate Common Vulnerability and Exposures (CVE) using server configuration changes, registry edits, and/or command line changes
- Solid experience with vulnerability management tools
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Solid understanding of Network, firewall, load balance, and SSL
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, Java)
- Working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux/Windows based environments
- Working experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, Weblogic)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Azure)
- Experience with monitoring systems, script and off the shelf apps (PERL, shell)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., UC4)
- Experience in process automation, best practices approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness
- Experience with application development in Java
- Experience with databases, such as Oracle/sql server as an application integrator/user
- Experience with vendor applications deployment and upgrade planning/implementation and management
- Experience with failover, high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuance
- Experience with cloud, preferably in AWS
- Problem solving/analytical skills, knowledge of analytical tools, and complex troubleshooting methods
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environments
- Basic SQL understanding and coding
- Understanding of Change Control/Management, suchas versioning, source control, and promotion
- Ability to work from SF General Office location when organization will return to office