Senior Manager, Regional Service Model (DLT) - SF/Peninsula
Requisition ID # 133980
Job Category: Customer Support / Operations
Job Level: Senior Manager
Business Unit: Customer & Comms
Job Location: San Francisco
PG&E’s ability to lead the nation in delivery of safe, reliable, and affordable gas and electric service to 10 million customers, across a 70,000 square mile service territory requires unrelenting operational excellence and seamless coordination across the 23,000 employees that work together to deliver on this promise. The Local Customer Experience organization’s mission is toenable and support a positive “One PG&E” customer presence that actively contributes to a vibrant local economy.
The Local Customer Experience organization implements strategies to drive: tightly coordinated gas and electric operations for enhanced customer experiences locally with PG&E; proactive, targeted and transparent multi-channel customer and community education that reinforces the value of PG&E and mitigates potential customer concerns; and active support for large customers, local community and economic vitality.
The position will manage the San Francisco and Peninsula divisions. This leadership position is responsible for driving collaboration to:
- Deliver safe, reliable, and affordable electric and gas service with a superior customer experience at the local level as OnePG&E
- Act as the single point of contact with senior business leaders and local stakeholders
- Further the safety and continuous improvement culture across lines of businesses within a division
- Ensure that PG&E’s programs and services are understood and deliver on expected goals
Key to this position is convening and leading a cross-functional Division Leadership Team (DLT) to drive local collaboration of internal PG&E teams and to ensure the rapid resolution of local customer issues. The successful candidate must have an understanding of field operations and be able to strategically partner with other local management (Division leads) from each of the Company's lines of business (LOB) to support the successful delivery of safe, reliable and affordable gas and electric service. This Division position is responsible for direct leadership of a team of employees responsible for proactive local customer education on major gas and electric projects and programs and issue resolution. This position represents the ‘voice’ of its Division’s customers and communities inside PG&E, and is the external ‘face’ of PG&E. This Senior Manager will drive overall improvements in customer experience, be focused on continuous improvement and efficiency, and be instrumental in re-establishing the PG&E customers’ trust within the Division. In addition, this position is expected to engage with key customers, as well participate with business organizations and other community groups that further PG&E’s presence in the local community and support of community vitality. The Division Senior Manager represents the Customer Care function at the Division level, as well as ensures and promotes a safety culture, and has a strong focus on developing and engaging employees within the division.
You must be willing and able to travel as needed throughout the division.
I. Cross-functional coordination and corporate stewardship:
- Convenes and leads DLT team meetings on a regular basis to drive improvements in key PG&E local metrics
- Drives customer-centric decision making through participation and leadership in the DLT
- Drives best practice sharing across the Division and system
- Recognizes and reinforces PG&E Corporate and line of business objectives
- Supports Company strategies and operational activities
- Identifies, addresses and elevates issues requiring senior review and action
- Manages activities to ensure parties meet state and federal regulations as well as company policies on compliance
II. Customer Engagement, Business & Community Leadership
- Is relentless on delivering a superior external customer experience aligned with brand
- Implements proactive outreach and education on customer impacting initiatives
- Plays a leadership role with businesses, economic development & business organizations, and customers
- Acts as the PG&E single point of contact for senior business leaders and local stakeholders
- Demonstrates community commitment by participating in local community and service organizations
III. Team Leadership
- Provides exceptional leadership to Division-level employees to deliver superior customer service and education
- Drives a safety-focused culture
- Establishes short and long-term business goals
- Drives creation and execution of annual business plans to achieve business goals and key performance metrics
- Fosters an environment of learning and continuous improvement
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sciences, engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8 years of relevant experience in customer service, customer operations, field experience in gas, electric, water utility, telecom, or related industry
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of hire
- MBA or MS in business or a related discipline
- 2 years of supervisory experience at the manager level
- To better represent the communities we serve, candidates who reside within 50 miles of the work location will be given preference
- Experience managing a team, preferably cross-functional and in a matrixed environment
- Significant experience working with external partners Leadership experience in an operational discipline (e.g. gas, electric, construction, customer operations)
- Proven record in delivering complex projects relating to the customer experience
- Ability to create, promote and manage a safe work environment
- Has skills to develop, support and communicate company and organization’s vision, mission, goals/plans, objectives, policies, procedures, and values in a compelling and inspirational way to drive alignment and performance
- Ability to proactively recognize, plan and act on the need for innovation and improvement, helps groups and organizations to overcome resistance to change and uses benchmarking and best practices know ledge to set expectations and targets.
- Ability to implement strategic plans and programmatic approaches, manage operational metrics, and drove organizational alignment to support a common mission
- Has knowledge and skills to develop and manage a department budget; Drives excellence and accountability on prudent financial business decisions
- Ability to lead, drive and advance operational changes for the betterment of the customer experience
- Ability to streamline processes, reduce re-work and mitigate non-compliance and business risk through controls and business discipline
- Collaborative influencer who is able to drive timely decision making and solutions by aligning the right people/teams; Ability to successfully work across a matrixed organization with varying priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to successfully interact with executives, and the ability to influence decisions at the director and VP level
- Effective people management
- Ability to manage change and adept at managing conflict
- Sales management or new business development experience
Hiring Leader Name: Aaron J Johnson
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.