Senior Manager, Salesforce Applications
Requisition ID # 122866
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Senior Manager
Business Unit: Information Technology
Customer Systems in Information Systems Technology is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions supporting our customers.
Leads the Salesforce COE and the IT teams responsible for 30+ mission critical and business critical applications on Salesforce platform. Directs teams responsible for solution/portfolio strategy & planning, business architecture, requirements definition, program and project delivery & deployment, application development, testing/quality assurance, and operations & maintenance support. Ensures alignment of the IT strategy, services, investment decisions, and delivery structures and processes with the business units and enterprise IT direction and objectives.
Manages vendor performance via service level agreements and continuous improvements. Builds and leads a strong platform engineering practice that establishes engineering guardrail, standards, and best practices on the Salesforce platform. Owns and operates the Governance Change Board for the platform. Leads the team in exploring new solutions, solving complex technical issues, identifying reusable design patterns, and building proof of concepts.
- Achieve results through others by setting and communicating goals and metrics, monitoring progress; providing ongoing coaching and feedback, and reinforcing behaviors that drive high performance.
- Acts as a liaison and conduit for information flow between the department team and the rest of the IT and business community, as well as with appropriate external stakeholders; manages the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Analyzes portfolio performance and recommends changes in investment mix to achieve goals; uses reporting tools to monitor portfolio activities, and regularly brief IT and business leaders on portfolio performance.
- Builds a strong Salesforce COE and Platform Engineering team that establishes Salesforce platform guardrail, design, and coding standards, identify reusable design patterns, and facilitates org sharing.
- Provides technology thought leadership and leads the Salesforce Engineering team.
- Manages the assessment of risks and the execution of plans to mitigate the risks.
- Communicates and champions the requirements necessary for executing the IT portfolio on Salesforce platform.
- Develops and manages service level agreements with business partners, product development team and Operation Support Vendors.
- Oversees vendor operation support practices and ensures standards and best practices are established and followed.
- Achieves results through others by setting and communicating goals and metrics, monitoring progresses, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, and reinforcing behaviors that drive up performance levels.
- Establishes individual and department objectives that are aligned with organization goals. Implements PG&E practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Manages the identification, analysis, valuation and execution of system investments for project delivery and support operations; Supports the execution of technology roadmaps.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, information technology, business administration, engineering, or other relevant field is required.
- Minimum of 8 or more years of experience in programming/systems analysis, project management, and/or IT strategy planning or other related area required.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience working with Salesforce platform, leading project delivery and operation Support.
- Experiences in managing business-critical Salesforce applications in shared Salesforce orgs.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce architecture and Salesforce technology including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Salesforce Field Services, and MuleSoft.
- Experience with complex SFDC org(s) with multiple integrations across objects.
- Deep knowledge of DevSecOps practice and experiences in DevSecOps tools for Salesforce.
- Experiences in building partnership and collaboration in fast paced environments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Leadership experience in IT-Information Technology.
- Utility industry experience.