Senior Manager, Web OperationsI'm Interested Date posted 12/05/2020
Requisition ID # 73584
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Senior Manager
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
The Digital Strategy team at PG&E sits in the Customer Care organization and oversees customer facing web properties such as pge.com and the Safety & Alert Center used during Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS). The team also oversees the notifications platforms that send text, email and phone calls to customers during regular operations and emergencies.
The Digital Strategy team is comprised of four core functions:
- Digital Strategy sets the vision for customer facing web and notification properties, providing governance and oversight company-wide
- Web Creative Operations is comprised of the creative services team which handles a wide range of requests from copywriting and design projects, to content publishing and optimization.
- Digital Analytics collects and analyzes both quantitative and qualitative metrics for our online properties, providing real-time customer insights that inform everything we do.
- Web Product Management oversees all transactional, self-service functions to help ensure that customers can get outage information, pay their bill, request a service appointment or manage their energy use.
The team is friendly, collaborative, nimble and creative and embodies an unwavering focus on the customer and dedication to the team’s success. The team functions like a startup but within the context of a larger, mature organization. The team’s methodologies are firmly rooted in e-commerce best practices, with access to the same tools and approaches used at many of the top retailers in the US. Pge.com was awarded the #1 rank out of 114 utility websites in a 2017 study by Esource and continues to be listed in the top 10.
In 2020, PG&E strengthened the reliability of its digital properties for both everyday use and emergencies by moving pge.com into the cloud and building a dedicated cloud-based alert site for use during Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) or other high volume emergencies. The sites were designed to withstand a minimum of 240 million hits per hour, helping ensure availability of the critical information customers need.
The Sr. Manager, Web Creative Operations will be responsible for leading an in-house advertising agency that includes project management, copy, design, publishing, regulatory compliance and optimization with the goal of designing online content that exceeds customer expectations.
The Sr. Manager, Web Creative Operations will develop and set the strategy, policies and processes that govern web creative team operations, including providing strategic counseling and digital communications expertise to all management and leadership levels within the company
Oversight includes all static content in front of login on pge.com. The scope of the role is significant, as the team handles over 1000 web site requests annually for a site that gets over 70M visits per year. Client requests include A/B testing, analytics tag management, copywriting, graphic design, SEO improvements, internal site search updates and in-language localization. Given our focus on public safety, PG&E also offers content in 16 written languages.
- Drive creative excellence by creating an environment where the entire team is constantly thinking about how to beat the status quo and how to improve on what’s already been built.
- Create team KPIs and goals that turn creative ideas into actionable initiatives and results.
- Use customer insights, analytics and voice of the customer to organize, write and design content that is useful, concise, easy to understand, and without distracting industry jargon.
- Help clients think through program goals to develop content that exceeds their expectations.
- Foster an environment where the team feels free to speak up, challenge assumptions and develop creative solutions.
- Plan and manage a multi-million dollar annual department budget, including staffing, charge outs, opening purchase orders, managing monthly accruals, annual contract renewals and invoice processing.
- Ensure the department meets all legal and regulatory compliance requirements including CAN SPAM, TCPA, CCPA, ADA and CPUC rules.
- Creates and manages an automated annual “page certification” process for 1700+ pages to ensure public content is relevant, accurate and necessary.
- Creates procedural documents, dashboards, process checklists and controls to ensure all established standards are being followed.
- Oversees quarterly customer satisfaction surveys from stakeholders
- Acts as a consultant/advisor to clients by providing
counsel on resources, tools, and techniques that are best-in-class for digital content
- Serves on rotating on-call roster to support activation and operation of the Emergency Operations Center.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Business, Marketing, Psychology, or related.
- Eight years of relevant marketing, e-commerce and project management experience
- Prior supervisory/managerial experience
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Experience in advertising agency or on an in-house creative or marketing team
- Experience in project management, major projects
- Experience in content editing, copywriting, proof-reading, design
- Experience in working with various stakeholders to produce websites
- Experience with brand guidelines
- Experience with CAN SPAM, TCPA, CCPA, WCAG 2.1 aa
- Experience with SEO, search
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Competency in rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Competency in providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Competency in adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Competency in painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Competency in holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Competency in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Competency in operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Ability to pay attention to details, be careful about details and thorough in completing work tasks