Senior Mobile Development Operations Engineer
Requisition ID # 92585
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Platforms Engineering is responsible for building the shared tools, service components and systems that underscore Product and Engineering's ability to deliver high availability services, build and iterate on products quickly, and make data informed decisions. We also improve the scalability and performance of our applications through providing architecture design reviews, in-depth performance profiling, and building accessible tools for engineers to characterize the bottlenecks and interactions within and between an ever-growing number of systems. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building scalable service oriented platforms with experience in any of the following areas:
The Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of IT systems. This is achieved by developing, designing, and supporting in-house developed applications, off-the-shelf software, servers, databases, and/or networks. This set of technology is collectively referred to as “systems” in this document. The Systems Engineer identifies, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Identifies, analyzes and improves existing business processes within a department to meet new goals and objectives.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings internally and externally.
- Partners with various departments to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
- Works on moderately complex problems that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Defines and documents business requirements for complex system development or testing.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Modifies and configures complex applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Ensures work is carried out using established processes, practices and procedures as directed.
- Participates in on-call rotation which may include evening and weekend work.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of software or system engineering experience
- Experience in IT-Information Technology computing, infrastructure services emphasis
- Experience in product development
- Using version control tools such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Developing microservices in Node.js
- Web development using REACT
- Configuring service routers and message queuing
- Developing fully native AWS cloud services
- Developing in a large-scale enterprise environment including clustering, identity systems and NoSQL systems
- Experience troubleshooting integrated systems
- Comfortable in a paired programming environment
- Experience in utilizing AWS native services
- Experience in developing cloud native microservices in AWS
- Designing, implementing and running large scale cloud native micro services
- Projects or experience with the Go language (Golang)
- Project or experience with TypeScript
- AWS Lambda (serverless) experience
- Container orchestration knowledge a bonus
- Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with iOS Swift development