Senior Mobile IOS DeveloperI'm Interested Date posted 09/24/2020
Requisition ID # 65804
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
PG&E’s Information Technology (IT) organization is comprised of various unified departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Digital Catalyst Team within IT is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile and web solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile and web solutions
- Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes through application of user-centric design thinking principles
- Rapid delivery of mobile and web applications
Digital Catalyst consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together following an agile methodology and design thinking. We are a “start-up” department within IT and building driven and creative engineering team. We take the time to understand our partners’ needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees’ and customer’s safety, productivity and overall well-being.
We are looking for passionate individuals who want to be part of our product teams - people who have a continuous learning mindset and a passion for excellence. Asset Work Management team (Digital Catalyst) was created with a startup mindset within the PG&E IT organization. We are dedicated to working closely with our end users to create awesome mobile apps and solutions for our employees and customers at PG&E. Our users drive our priorities.
Is this for you? Do you have:
- iOS and full-stack development experience?
- A learning mindset?
- A penchant for creating excellence?
- A thirst for collaboration and innovation?
What’s it like to be on our team?
- We practice software craftsmanship which includes Behavior/Test Driven Development, red-green-refactor framework, pair/mob programming etc.
- We employ design thinking principles to develop user-centric, consumer-quality apps.
- We are a cross-functional product team, which means we are responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, operations and maintenance of the product.
- We practice Agile and Lean software development principles.
- We work from user stories and acceptance criteria so that we can easily measure our success.
- We work closely with our end-users, conducting frequent field visits and regularly demo-ing our products every one or two weeks.
- We are dedicated to creating innovative apps that solve our users’ problems and improve their experience at work.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with like-minded, passionate people
- Make a difference in the lives of our employees and customers
- Use your talents and experience to create world-class solutions
- Help make decisions that are best for your team
- A vibrant and healthy work environment
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related subject or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of iOS and Xcode development experience (please include portfolio of your projects/GitHub link within resume)
- Proficiency with Swift programming language
- Strong ability with latest iOS SDKs
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation or similar
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Very strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm
- A passion for mobile technology and curiosity to learn new things