Senior Programmer AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 05/22/2020
Requisition ID # 53323
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Francisco
The IT Meter to Cash Application Development team is responsible for software development and implementation of new functionality within the Customer Care and Billing system and its Direct Interfaces. This team works closely with the IT business analyst team to assure delivery of products and services that are top quality.
PG&E is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate business applications/programs within the IT Meter to Cash Customer Billing framework. The candidate must be able to support the Customer Care Billing interface software. In particular, the candidate must have knowledge of Java Spring Batch development process and be able to handle complex utility billing and payment system as a Java Spring Batch Senior Developer.
- Work Scope: Understands business requirements and applies them to complex programming and analysis. Follows and collaborates on existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding Standards Solid understanding of IT Delivery Methodology, compliance processes and impact to client projects. Applies professional technical concepts of particular field, procedures, and techniques.
- Problem Solving: Leads complex system modifications. Assignments are based on extensive knowledge of concepts, principles or practices in a specific discipline, field or area of expertise, and require seasoned, experienced-based judgment in applying and adapting techniques. Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines. May seek assistance from the supervisor or more skilled programmers/analysts on unusual or especially complex problems that cross multiple functional/technology areas.
- Internal/External Contact: May attend client meetings on behalf of team or manager. Collaborates with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies representative.
- Freedom of Action: Oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to less experienced programmer-analysts.
- The incumbent independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study
- 5 Years of experience in programming analysis, design and development of enterprise applications using Java Spring Batch Software technologies.
- Primary responsibilities included reviewing or creating prototype, gather requirements and analyze the complexity of business requirements for document compositions, prototyping, designing, and giving best solutions for Client correspondence application utilizing Java Spring Batch in a Weblogic and AIX UNIX environment.
- Engaging and keeping relationships with the business clients in resolving issues, answering questions, and production oncall support
- Plans, coordinates, tests and implements installations / upgrades / releases of systems, software and hardware related to Java Spring and other supporting vendor software packages.
- Support development and testing teams to resolve issues and collaborate with other IT staff to design, develop, and implement multi-channel delivery of digital documents based on business objectives.
- Configuring and writing UNIX scripts to extract input data from Oracle CC&B database using SQL queries.
- Proficient in SQL queries to manage, build query and manipulate large amount of customer transactional data from Oracle CC&B database using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Proficient in trouble shooting production issues in UNIX environment, creating search keys, creating data files and data mapping