Sourcing Portfolio Manager, IT/Telecom - Bay Area, CA
Requisition ID # 119637
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $5 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, contract management, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management, ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
You will drive the client experience by leading your team in developing and leading effective strategic sourcing strategies for the IT category and effective category management and contract execution, contract and overall contract governance. You will support portfolio(s) goals through transactional awareness to identify potential cost savings, diversity, green supply chain, spend reduction, supplier consolidation and standardization opportunities. You will also identify opportunities for efficiencies within corporate and sourcing policies and processes to improve results for both Sourcing and Portfolio clients and lead multiple spend categories within a Portfolio.
- Supervise category leaders
- Lead the team and develop strategic portfolio and category plans to generate cost savings, deliver service excellence, and optimize diversity spending and total cost of ownership for the IT line of business.
- Ensure the overall governance of the contract approval process from contract creation through contract award.
- Establish and nurture relationships with IT leadership.
- Oversee contract spend across multiple IT spend categories
- Develop short and long-term strategies for all IT spend categories within portfolio
- Lead complex cross-functional teams in the execution of strategic sourcing initiatives that span beyond IT.
- Manage spend analysis, needs assessment, benchmarking and business case development
- Lead development and execution of negotiation strategies
- Monitor and maximize customer satisfaction
- Manage continuous improvement-based relationships that deliver mutually beneficial results for PG&E and its suppliers
- Establish service level agreements to hold suppliers accountable for performance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years of sourcing or related industry experience
- Experience in procurement-related policies
- Master’s degree in business administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with Ariba and/or SAP
- Utility industry experience
- Experience in project management
- Leadership experience, 2 years
- LSS-Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Institute for Supply Management Certified Professional in Supply Management certification